"Faith's Checkbook" not currently available in Accordance error message

Larry Wing

I decided to change my Daily Reading to "Faith's Checkbook" but when I'd made the change and then clicked on Daily Reading I got an error message that says "the text Faith's Checkbook is not currently available in Accordance". However I do have it in my Library and can open it from the Library.

Any ideas how to fix?

Windows 7, Acc 10.4.3.2

Edited by Larry Wing

Sorry for the hassles. We have not been able to track down why this happens. The answer with any module that Accordance cannot find is to remove it from the Library panel (right-click), then try to add it back with the plus sign at the bottom. If that fails, Easy Install it again.

No joy.

I first tried to Remove and then added back with the plus at the bottom. That did not help.

I then Deleted, exited Accordance and restarted. I then clicked on Easy Install and it downloaded and installed. Installation is confirmed in the Library but still the same message when clicking on Daily Reading.

Any other suggestions?

It works fine on my Mac too but not Windows,

I tried other books and they all worked OK. It's just the Faith's Checkbook that's the problem.

I again tried to remove and re-add but that didn't make a difference.

Do you have any other modules installed that have a smart quote character in their name? If so, can you open those from your Library without issue?

Scott, I do have several with " ' " in the title and they all open fine from the Library. I don't have any in the Daily Reading options.

I just noticed that the error message says "Faithis" and not "Faith's". the "i' is not a standard format for "i" though.

Hope that's helpful.

post-31860-0-79382800-1413058122_thumb.png

Edited by Larry Wing

I confirm that on Windows I can open Faith's Checkbook in a devotional window, and I can set is as the default devotional in Preferences. However, if I do so, I get the error message when I try to open the Default Devotional.

Until we fix it, as a workaround you can set your default to another module, and set Faith's as the top one in the menu. Then it will be easy to switch to it.

It doesn't pull up on my Windows system either. I get the exact same error message.

It says "Faithis Checkbook is not available to Accordance".

Notice the strange spelling of" Faith's".

We just fixed problems like these and they will be ready in the next build.

Thank you.

• 5 weeks later...

I just tried again with 11.0.1 and making sure I'm up to date on modules but I still get the same message that it's not available.

This is on Windows 7 computer.

Edited by Larry Wing

Larry, can you try re-selecting Faith's Checkbook from your Preferences -> Reading/Research, click OK, then try it again? Its possible a corrupt item was saved to your preferences.

I can reproduce this again. Definitely still a bug. Thank you for retesting.