6.6 issues

Roger

I just installed the 6.6 upgrade, and I have experienced 2 issues.

1. I have been using Silk, which works great with Accordance. When I de-select the prefrence "Turn of text and graphics smoothing" all the bold scripture references (book names and verse numbers) loos their bold quality and get lost in the text. So, for now, do I need to turn off the text smoothing in order to retain the bold references?

2. In a simple Accordance window, there are no problems, but when I open my saved window (four Scripture texts and two commentaries), Accordance crashes as soon as I select Preferences.

Thanks for your help,

Roger

Silk is probably conflicting now with the Quartz text smoothing, so you should remove it or turn it off.

Please email me the saved window that causes the crash, if you still get it after removing Silk.

Please email me the saved window that causes the crash, if you still get it after removing Silk.

All it took to fix this problem was a simple reboot!

Silk is probably conflicting now with the Quartz text smoothing, so you should remove it or turn it off.

I turned it off, and there is no change. I still lose the bold references.

Thanks,

Roger

Try changing the font you are using for the References. Maybe this font does not have a separate Bold style. Quarts does not style fonts, it can only use the font styles that are supplied with the font, as are offered in other programs using fonts.

I was using the Accordance default font (Geneva). With Quartz Smoothing turn OFF, the bold references are just fine with every font I tried. I played around with about 20 different fonts for the references, and the only ones that appear bold (with Quarts smoothing turned ON), are the bold fonts, such as Arial Black.

For now, my work-around is to change the COLOR of the reference text.

I am still using OS X 10.3.9 (10.4) is not widely available in Chile yet. Could that have something to do with my problem?

Thanks,

Roger

Yes, Geneva, our old default, does not have a Bold version. Try making Lucida Grande your default in Preferences>Text Display and Tool Display.

Yes, I see a slightly bloder text with Lucida Grande. But, why does Geneva have bold references when Text Smoothing is turned OFF?

Also, none of these changes seem to affect my saved windows, only new windows. Is that intentional?

When you turn off Font smoothing you are no longer using Quartz, so the old ways of stylng work.

Archived