alphabetical concordance

danzac

Hi. I am trying to figure out how to make the concordance in the details pane alphabetical.

What i am after is an inner concordance for the psalms of solomon based on ps_Sol 17 and 18. The words I want are adjectives, adverbs, nouns, and verbs.

So I have my search range (in the more options) set to the psalms of solomon. then in the search field I make the range Ps_Sol 17-18.

I can't use the asterisk because this brings in all the prepositions and articles as well. I tried to add tags to the asterisk but that is not allowed. If I put [ADJECTIVE] <OR> [ADVERB] <OR> [NOUN] <OR> [VERB] in the search, it finds the words i want, but if you go into the Details concordance, it doesn't put all of the words alphabetically together, but is first delineated by its tag and then alphabetically.

I hope this is making sense. I'm just not sure how to get it exactly how I want.

Danny,

Not sure why this is, but I tried using a construct window and putting Adjective, Adverb, Noun, and Verb all into the first column. When I did the Concordance from that search, it was arranged alphabetically rather than by Part of Speech.

Danny,

Not sure why this is, but I tried using a construct window and putting Adjective, Adverb, Noun, and Verb all into the first column. When I did the Concordance from that search, it was arranged alphabetically rather than by Part of Speech.

thanks David. i'll give it a whirl

Archived