Missed Shortcut Keys

Fabian

Hello

I would have some Shortcut Keys

1. Maybe cmd-6 for search as Wordnumber (Keynumber)

2. Maybe opt-cmd-(and one which is not set) for open Info Pane

3. Shift-cmd-8 for delete selected Highlights

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian, you know about setting your own keyboard shortcuts on a Mac, right? (Not sure if you have a Mac.) It's in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts, but I think it only works with a command that is already in a drop-down menu (File, Edit, etc.) somewhere, and you have to enter it exactly as it appears in the drop-down menu.

"Clear Highlight" is one such command, so you ought to be able set that one up to shift-cmd-8 if you wanted.

• Like 1

Hello Abram

Yes I have set the "Clear Highlight" after my post, but the other two won't work. I have experienced many possibilities.

Greetings

Fabian

Yeah, I don't think you can set those if they're not already drop-down menu commands. You can right-click your way to the Key number thing, but I don't think that helps you with Mac keyboard shortcuts. Someone more knowledgeable than I can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I don't think you can set those if they're not already drop-down menu commands. You can right-click your way to the Key number thing, but I don't think that helps you with Mac keyboard shortcuts. Someone more knowledgeable than I can correct me if I'm wrong.

Abram, I've used the Sys Prefs keyboard shortcuts for years. However, I would like to set Clear Highlight as Command+Delete, but it doesn't seem possible to use the Delete key. Any workarounds that you know of?

Thanks.

There's probably a third-party app for something like this, but I don't know of any workarounds. Sorry! Joe Weaks or Rick Mansfield might.