Module error

Bill Combs

Hey Dave,

Does this mean that you got the keys in the registry sorted out and it still didn't work, at least to the point of getting Firefox to receive the command ?

I did have a look at Excite.com and there are probably additional issues there but until Firefox receives the command and we see what happens it's not possible to work on those issues.

Thx

D

Hi Daniel,

No I have not gotten the keys to work (I think that I got them sorted out but my qualification there are at least questionable)

I have been using plain old email to respond to corrections by paste in a screen shot into the email and include the module name in the subject line add some text explanation and then send to accordance corrections.

I am guessing that this is a pervasive problem but its a guess. However if it is a correct t guess and Accordance wants this feature to work across all platforms I suspect that some higher level professional evaluation is in order.

Dave

Edited by dlrude

Hmmmm.... I wondered if the key we are seeing is only one aspect of setting up the mailto feature in Windows. It is possible that setting the default program programmatically via one of the tools in Windows (rather than just creating the key) sets up something else as well. That may explain why I had the key in place and you did not. As Ken pointed out above it should be as simple as asking Windows to make whatever program it is the default. That can be done via the Windows menu Default Programs. But I thought you may already have tried that. I probably (can no longer recall) did that with Firefox and had FF do it for me at one time when it prompted. I wonder if that's how the key was created.

Anyhow I don't have any other suggestions beyond that at the moment but if I think of anything I'll let you know.

Thx

D