User Note Titles & Spacing

Darren Larson

Because of David's excitement about User Notes in the last few blog posts, I've done some recent importing of my own. However, I've noticed that when I'm importing multiple chapters for a note, hence mutiple html files, I'm getting title breaks in weird places (sometimes even on blank lines). And many times, I am not able to adjust them when I try to edit the user tool. It seems to me there are 2 reasons... 1. every individual html file needs at least 1 Title Break and this is by default the top line (not to exceed 128 characters) which can not not be a title break (yes, the double negative is what I meant!). And, 2. You cannot edit multiple html imports by selecting whatever portion you want to edit and "command-u-ing it." Are these assumptions correct? If not, how are you able to edit EXACTLY what you highlight in the user tool? I know biblical languages pretty well, but unfortunately, I don't speak html. So, is there a way to edit an entire user tool after you import mutliple htmls for the same document in Accorance?

On a separate issue, will there ever be a way to format the spacing that html imports seem to add to user notes? I've probably done about 10 or so of my own user notes, and each one has had different spacing than what was seen on the html document - sometimes there are extra spaces after words, sometimes there are complete line breaks, sometimes some of the text is centered and some is not, etc. If it's a big document, it's a bit of a chore to format all the spacing issues manually. Maybe I'm asking too much?!

Update: I actually MEAN User Tools throughout this - not notes. Sorry.

Archived