Missing gloss for ἀποκτέννω

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

While producing some flashcards from Accordance output I noticed that ἀποκτέννω has no gloss information, such as would appear in ID. ἀποκτέννω is a variant spelling of ἀποκτέινω according to BDAG so I would expect that the same glosses would apply, though I'm no expert.

I'm reporting here as I do not know where I would report a correction, though the word occurs in Rahlf's LXX.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Hi Daniel. why wouldn’t you report it on the Ralf’s text? It would be the tagging there that is the issue I would think...

Hey Ken,

Maybe you can answer this for me. Where are the glosses and so on stored ? I assumed perhaps incorrectly that this was separate from the tagging ? Is it really the case that the resources each include the glosses for the words they tag in addition to the tagging data itself ?

Thx

D

Hi Daniel,

If I search for ἀποκτέννω in Ralfs I get this in ID:

post-32543-0-68006200-1417296501_thumb.png

The same search doesn't work in the NT.

Also, ἀποκτέννω doesn't always show up in the drop down list.

Regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Yep that's the issue basically. The NT uses αποκτεινω rather than αποκτεννω. And the tagging in the LXX case is lacking the gloss.

A word won't show up in the pull down list if it is not in the resource. So αποκτεννω shows up for the LXX but not anything else that I have. A Research - All Text query shows that in what I have it only sees use in LXX1 and 2.

I'll report it as a correction to Rahlf's also but I'm still curious as to where the data actually lives.

Thx

D

now, don’t ask about windows - I have no idea.

In Mac OS ?

~/Application Support/Accordance/Gloss folder

The syntax files live there too.

Yeah I realized that after I posted. I was wondering if it was updated with modules or independently, or with the app. Anyhow I guess we'll find out when it's fixed.

Thx

D