How to import book Enoch

Elijah

In the Tyndale Commentary for Daniel 7:9 there is a reference to Enoch 47:3 in "Pseudepigrapha English (Evans)". I don't have that module, so I thought why not import the German version that is in the public domain.

... One that was ancient of days, or ‘elderly’, is an unusual expression; it appears in Enoch 47:3 as ‘the Head of days’, suggesting that he is the source of time,7 but that is a later interpretation. ...

I basically want to be able to search for chapter and verse. I know that I won't be able to click on that reference in the Tyndale commentary, but to be able to enter that reference would be good enough for me.

If I want to import a book that is not in the books of the bible like Enoch, do I use "Import Bible Text" or "Import User Tool"? I guess User Tool, because it's says it cannot find the name of the book (Enoch) when I try to import as Bible Text.

I tried to import as User Tool but I can't get the reference to be recognized correcly (also the special characters are not recognized even though it is saved in UTF-8 encoding):

Enoch 1:2 Von ihnen hörte ich alle Dinge und verstand, was ich sah; das, was geschehen wird nicht in diesem Geschlecht, sondern in einem Geschlecht, welches kommen wird in ferner Zeit, um der Auserw�hlten willen.
3. Um ihretwillen sprach und redete ich mit ihm, der da hervorgehen wird aus seiner Wohnung, dem Heiligen und MÃ?chtigen, dem Gott der Welt,
4. welcher dann treten wird auf den Berg Sinai, erscheinen mit seinem Heer und sich offenbaren mit der StÃ?rke seiner Macht vom Himmel.

I tried this (like described in the online help)

Henoch 1:1 Die Segensworte Henochs,...

2 Von ihnen hörte...

3 Um ihretwillen sprach und ...

and

1:2 Von ihnen hörte...

1:3 Um ihretwillen sprach und ...

and also including the book

Henoch 1:2 Von ihnen hörte...

Henoch 1:3 Um ihretwillen sprach und ...

I do not think user tools currently cope with unicode.

Enoch is not a biblical book or part of the apocrypha therefore it will not link automatically as a verse reference.

I do not think user tools currently cope with unicode.

Enoch is not a biblical book or part of the apocrypha therefore it will not link automatically as a verse reference.

That depends on whom you're asking. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church deem it canon.

*EDIT*

It would be really cool to see the Book of Enoch in the Ethiopic Ge'ez script as an Accordance module someday..

Edited by Pchris
  • Like 1