Different Greek Tools for ESV and NASB - by design?

proslambano

When I set up the ESV and NASB95 in parallel and click option+command on an English word, the ESV shows results from Mounce Greek Dictionary and the NASB95 shows results from NAS Greek.

Is this by design? How do I get NASB95 to use Mounce Greek Dictionary?

Mounce Greek Dictionary is listed first in Greek Tools.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Brian

Accordance 10.4.5

OS X (10.10.1)

post-32357-0-54835700-1417505320_thumb.png

post-32357-0-70839000-1417505321_thumb.png

It is by design for default... I am not sure how it is possible to get NAS to use Mounce by default but it is for me in Accordance 11.02. Is ounce promoted to top of greek dictionaries ?

-Dan

Mounce is at the top of the list in Greek Tools

post-32357-0-70560900-1417513149_thumb.png

I do not think you can override these dictionaries in version 10. You can in version 11 under preferences 'Amplify Settings'.

In version 10 one thing that putting the lexicon at the top of the list does is amplify to it by triple click.

Edited by Steve King

Not at my computer. If you go to preferences/amplify ther should be a check box regarding strings numbers that let you override the default settings

This has changed in Accordance 11. Triple-clicking on an English word in the NAS95 or ESV brings up the Mounce Greek dictionary. A very welcome improvement.

Thanks all.

I can't find Preferences / Amplify, but I do see Preferences / General which has three settings relating to Amplify... is that where I should be looking?

This change to amplifying is a new feature in Accordance 11 - a highly recommended and reviewed upgrade.

In Accordance 10 and prior, the english texts are hardcoded to the dictionaries designed for their strong's or G/K tagging, and this unfortunately cannot be changed (without upgrading to 11).

• Like 1