SBL Hebrew Font not available in Accordance Unicode Display

Dieudonne

I have installed the SBL Hebrew Font on my computer, but it is not available in Accordance Unicode Display preference. The same fonts are, however, visible and available in other applications. Is there something I have to do for Accordance to recognize this font on my computer?

post-30090-0-64196100-1418166262_thumb.png

You can either choose Unicode or individual fonts for Hebrew and Greek. If you unclick Unicode, that Hebrew font should appear among the menu choices.

I'm not sure what Tim is referring to, but it doesn't sound correct. Dieudonne, have you restarted Accordance to see if that helps? Does the font appear in Font Book?

I've seen strange things with SBL Hebrew and various apps not appearing. One computer I was looking at showed it in all available applications (including Accordance), but not MS Word. Maybe validating or reinstalling the font in Font Book may help?

I have restarted Accordance and even restarted my computer but nothing has changed. Interestingly, SBL Hebrew is not in my Font Book.

If its not in your Font Book, it is likely not installed properly, so I'd try reinstalling it.

I reinstalled it, restarted my computer, and it now appears in Accordance, but no more in Microsoft office.

I reinstalled it, restarted my computer, and it now appears in Accordance, but no more in Microsoft office.

I use Mellel whenever I need to write papers that include many different scripts and fonts. Microsoft Office is, in my opinion, very unreliable for that kind of work (on Mac at least). LibreOffice is doing okay, mostly, but does struggle from time to time. The downside to Mellel, however, is that you need to get used to a rather different interface compared to Word and LibreOffice.

Thanks, Pchris. I have Mellel but do not use it for the same reasons you mentioned. I hope I can get the SBL fonts to work on Microsoft word.

Thanks, Pchris. I have Mellel but do not use it for the same reasons you mentioned. I hope I can get the SBL fonts to work on Microsoft word.

It does take a while getting used to, but I quite like the way it works now, even though I haven't taken the time to learn all of its features yet. I hope you'll give it another chance - at least until Microsoft solves the problem.

With kind regards

Peter Christensen

Don't know if it will help any, but SBL's "BibLit" font includes the glyphs for Hebrew and Greek in one font. Maybe that will help?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as the OP, but after uninstalling, reinstalling, logging out and back in, shutting down and restarting, installing to the various font folders (user and computer), the SBL font still does not show up in Accordance. I am using 10.5 and have 10.9 OSX. The font shows up in my other applications (such as Mellel).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jarod

Jarod, does the font validate properly in the Font Book?

Hi Joel,

Yep, the font validates in Font Book just fine.

Thanks,

Jarod