A Suggestion: Give Timeline and Atlas their own section in Info Pane

Abram K-J

I don't really use the Topics portion of the Info Pane much, but use the rest of it a lot. So I was surprised to read in Rick M.'s 11 For 11 post that Info Pane could do Timeline and Atlas.

I tried Joshua 3.14 (mentions the Jordan) as a test case, but no Timeline or Atlas heading. However, I expanded the triangle next to Topics and, sure enough, there they both were!

So (1) it's really cool that Timeline and Atlas (Map? still not clear on nomenclature, which varies across the program) are accessible via Info Pane but (2) for such prominent modules they feel a little buried, and I don't know how many people (short of avid help file readers) would think to look under "Topics" for a map of a location in a verse.

How about separating them out so that they're their own section like Apparatus, Commentaries, etc.?

• Like 2

These links are part of the Topics database, and I thnk they need to stay there. We are risking overloading this little pane with too many sections.

Perhaps just that it could get too visually busy. I don't mind the current layout.

Dustin - +1 for what, the OP or Jonathan’s view?

Edited by Ken Simpson

Dustin - +1 for what, the OP or Jonathan’s view?

Ken, the title of the post: A Suggestion: Give Timeline and Atlas their own section in Info Pane