Info-Pane Cmd-click

Paul Meiklejohn

Nearly all my info-pane resources are opened in a new zone (cmd-click). Opening in a new zone/tab keeps my workspace free of numerous parallel panes popping up. It would be great if we had the option to open up info-pane resources in a new zone with a single click. A toggle button in 'preferences' would be great.

When I click on anything in the info pane it opens in a new zone (without the CMD). Does yours open in a pane/tab?

Yes Ken, it opens the resource in the same pane as the info-pane (parallel - see atttachement). I've often wondered if there was toggle for cmd-click / single click lurking around in prefs. I've searched through each menu without success. I'm wondering even its an apple setting. Perhaps one of the Accordance team might comment, otherwise I'll continue to poke around. Thanks, your reply gives a bit of hope on the situation.

post-5536-0-18224100-1418340599_thumb.png

Oh, I get it now. Clicking a commentary will open it in a parallel pane because we assume you want it to run in parallel with your text. Sorry - I checked everything except that!

Any other resource will open in a new zone I think you’ll find, but commentaries, since they are tied to a text, will open in a parallel pane. The only way I know of altering that is instance by instance in the fashion you have indicated.

Thank you Ken for the clarification. Yes, it only applies to the commentary section.

The feature may well be added up in a future version.