Little Snitch and syncing (Mac)

EricC

I just tried to sync from Mac v. 11.0.3 to an iPhone via Accordance > Sync with Mobile Device (i.e., both the Mac and the iPhone are on the same WiFi connection).

I got an error message saying to contact support. Text of message: "There was an error while Accordance tried to resolve a Bonjour service. Please contact technical support to help you resolve this issue." (BTW, I probably will contact support; I just thought they'd appreciate it if we could figure it out via the forums. I'll wait a while before contacting them.)

I thought it might be Little Snitch, so I shut off filtering by Little Snitch (i.e. all connections go through). Accordance recognized the mobile device. Since I had not synced since upgrading from Snow Leopard to Mavericks, Accordance thought this was a new device. So I told it to erase and sync. Accordance started to sync. However, it did not finish (although I thought it had). When I looked at the iPhone, everything was the same as it had been back in SL days.

I had to leave for a while, so when I came back, I tried to sync again. This time shutting off Little Snitch filtering didn't help at all. I get the same error message. So maybe it's something else?

Any ideas? Thanks.

I find that restarting Accordance usually resolves the error, and if not, restarting the Mac.

I find that restarting Accordance usually resolves the error, and if not, restarting the Mac.

Well, right after restarting the Mac and Accordance 11, I had the same error. Some hours later, I tried again, and the sync worked. I'm a happy camper!