Did GNT28-T get renamed again recently ?

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I know that GNT28-T got renamed to "Greek New Testament (tagged)" or something very similar with or about the time 11 came out. Now I see that it appears to be called "NA28 Greek NT" and underneath that is the short name GNT28-T, at least in the library. It just seems a bit confusing with the NA28-T itself. But then that module probably has a new name also.

In any case I'm just wondering if this known/expected or if I might have done something.

thx

D

Hi Dan,

Your post made me look because I had gotten surprised by a name change when 11 came out.

I just looked and now I am confused. Probably a smarter person will understand this exactly but I don't.

I seem to have two GNT 28s, version 1.3 and 1.5 and 1.3 seems to be tagged "sigla".

Not sure why I have two versions, maybe they just let me keep the prior one?

Here is my info from the lib.

NA28 Greek NT

Novum Testamentum Graece (New Testament in Greek) (GNT28-T)

Nestle-Aland, 28th Revised Edition, Edited by Institut für Neutestamentliche Textforschung Münster/Westfalen, Edited by Barbara and Kurt Aland, Johannes Karavidopoulos, Carlo M. Martini, Bruce M. Metzger.
Copyright © 2012 by Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart.
Used by permission.

Morphological tagging by William D. Mounce and Rex A. Koivisto
Copyright © 2003 William D. Mounce.
Copyright © 2013 OakTree Software, Inc.
All rights reserved.

Version 1.5

NA28 Greek NT (Sigla)

Novum Testamentum Graece (New Testament in Greek) (NA28-T)

Nestle-Aland, 28th Revised Edition, Edited by Institut für Neutestamentliche Textforschung Münster/Westfalen, Edited by Barbara and Kurt Aland, Johannes Karavidopoulos, Carlo M. Martini, Bruce M. Metzger.
Copyright © 2012 by Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, Stuttgart.
Used by permission.

Morphological tagging by William D. Mounce and Rex A. Koivisto
Copyright © 2003 William D. Mounce.
Copyright © 2013 OakTree Software, Inc.
All rights reserved.

Version 1.3

Hey ya,

Ok so you appear to have the regular GNT28-T which is the standard NA text but without the apparatus, which is used in Accordance for things like the syntax add on and so on. And you have the Nestled-Aland edition with it's full apparatus used for text critical work. In any case it seems to confirm the name change but I'm a little puzzled when it happened. I must have missed a second name change or somehow I blanked on the exact nature of the first, when 11 came out.

Thx

D

Daniel,

Yes, we've changed the Library name with the most recent updates to GNT28-T and NA28-T. Because Accordance 11 uses the Library name rather than the module name in menus, pane labels, etc., we're trying to come up with a more consistent and concise way to distinguish similarly named modules. The Library name for GNT28-T is now "NA28 Greek NT", while NA28-T is "NA28 Greek NT (Sigla)".

As other modules (and Accordance itself) get updated, it should become easier to distinguish similar modules. I'm afraid we're still in the transition right now.

• Like 1