Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels

eric in redding

Did I wait to long to buy the first edition? Or can I still get it? I do not see it available anymore on the website! Seeing as how the editions are so different I want both!

Eric, the first edition is still available in the Advanced & Ultimate Collections for the time being. But if you don't want to upgrade your entire collection, call sales at (877) 339-5855 and see if they can still sell you the individual title.

Hey Rick, This raises an interesting question. For those who do have the now old edition, if they need to download again from Easy Install how do they do that ?

Thx

D

It should still be there for you.

Delete it and see if you can still download it. C'mon--be brave :-)

• Like 1

Ah ok good to know - when I'm bored - I've just being rebuilding a Semitic transliteration keyboard for Windows - enough bravery for one night.

Thx
D

• Like 1

My question:

If I purchase the upgrade (for $15), will I keep both versions, or the old one will be gone?

both, I purchased the update.

post-32723-0-52957600-1421143743_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I called in and was able to purchase the IVP2 bundle. Phew! Disaster averted. I really like the first edition. I should not have held off for so long in buying the Accordance version (I have the hardback).

Thanks for the suggestion Rick.

I called in and was able to purchase the IVP2 bundle. Phew! Disaster averted. I really like the first edition. I should not have held off for so long in buying the Accordance version (I have the hardback).

Thanks for the suggestion Rick.

Excellent! I figured they'd work with you.

and by the way guys,

it's really sweet you offered this 2nd edition with 90% new content so cheap! Thank you!

How much references does it (the 2nd Edition) have to Sirach (Ecclesiasticus)?

10 hits in each edition for a simple search for Sirach.

4 to Ecclesiastes in 1st and 2 in the second.

thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Ecclesiasticus, not Ecclesiastes:

4 to Ecclesiastes in 1st and 2 in the second.

Sounds rather little so I'm unsure it would be worth it to buy this dictionary. I have no Bible dictionaries in Accordance except whatever came with the small Library 8 and 10 that I have.

Forgive me, but that doesn't seem like a good reason alone not to buy this resource. I recommend you check it out in more detail.

I actually own three editions. The print one by Hastings which inspired it. They all have different content. As they are based about the gospels I do not follow why Sirach should figure especially highly.

Thx

D

OK, I took my chances and bought the 2nd Edition 4 seconds before the introductory offer ended, without seeing the Amazon reviews. Amazon product pages load extremely slow - it can take hours to load one since my internet broadband (which I don't pay) is extremely slow.

There are extremely few references to Anglican, very few to Catholic, these results disappoint me. "Gnosticism" is referenced somewhat much - have not yet had the time to evaluate what kind of results those are. Haven't had time to search for mentions of specific authors though.

But what thrills me is that when searching "Scripture" "Sir", it gives 209 flex hits. This is actually quite good and what I expected from a Bible Dictionary covering just the Gospels. It's quite necessary to include more of the OT than just the 38 books (excluding Esther which was not found among the Dead Sea Scrolls). This compensates a bit for the lack of denominational articles.