How to find the background and translators notes of modules?

rpavich

I'm sorry for asking so many elementary questions but I have another one.

I was doing the KJV "LORD" search and was wondering how I could find the translators notes? You know, why they made the decisions they did on certain words. Also, what about the forward to the KJV or other bibles? Is there a way to view them that I don't see?

I'm mainly interested in the difference between LORD, Lord, lord and LORD; that is, all caps, only the L capped, no caps, and small caps.

I know I've read it somewhere but I can't figure out where and when I looked in the KJVS version it wasn't there.

What notes are available depend on the translation. In the case of the KJV, look for a module called "KJV Preface" most (but not all)translations have a companion module called XXX Notes where XXX is the name of the translation. (e.g. NRSV Notes, NIV Notes, etc.)

If you had Accordance organize your library, they are probably in the Translator's Notes folder.

What notes are available depend on the translation. In the case of the KJV, look for a module called "KJV Preface" most (but not all)translations have a companion module called XXX Notes where XXX is the name of the translation. (e.g. NRSV Notes, NIV Notes, etc.)

If you had Accordance organize your library, they are probably in the Translator's Notes folder.

Thanks very much, it was there!

• 4 months later...

Hi, i was looking for the translation information and preface for niv, jps and nrsv. I found them in the 2011 edition but not the 1984 edition of the niv, but there were none for the jps despite being included in the printed edition and none in the nrsv though the list is interesting for that. I havent checked my mbp but as i can see the notes for the esv, im assuming this info hasnt been included. Is there any chance of them being added or am i missing something?

Intro for study bibles appear to be there.

Thanks.