User Notes Links Are Not Displaying Correctly in Instant Details

Darin Franklin

After converting my user notes file to the new format, Instant Details often fails to show the verse when I hover over a link in my notes, or it shows the wrong verse. For example, on one link I have to John 1:3, ID shows John 1:1-21:25, but this is unpredictable.

Only the links in NT notes are broken, and they are broken only when my notes file contains notes on verses in the Apocrypha books, and then only when my search text is NRSVS. The links in OT notes are always working correctly. If I change the search text to NASB or any other translation that does not have the Apocrypha, then the NT links show the right verses in ID again.

Here is how to reproduce it.

0. Create a new user notes file. Open a search tab to NRSVS and add a notes pane. Set the Hypertext Text for the notes to NRSVS.

1. Add a note on Matt 1:1 with links to several verses in the OT and NT. Instant Details shows the correct verse for hover and popover.

2. Add a note on Mal 4:6 with more links. Again, everything is fine.

3. Add a note on Tob 1:1.

4. Now check the links in Matt 1:1. Most of them show nothing, and some might show the wrong verse. The OT notes are still working correctly.

5. Remove the note on Tob 1:1. Now NT notes are fine again.

Accordance 11.0.3

I believe that this bug has been reported to the developers, and hope for a fix in the next release.