Verse numbering as true superscripts?

mwdiers

When exporting text, verse numbers cannot be exported as proper superscripts. The superscripts are simulated as a smaller type size + a baseline shift. While this works fine for the text display in Accordance, it is pretty much useless when pasting the text elsewhere, particularly if you try to change the font.

If the superscripts were exported as regular rich text superscripts, even when changing or resizing the font in other software, the superscripts would remain intact.

Would it ever be possible to export true superscripts to the clipboard? I paste text with proper superscripts from other software into Mellel all the time, so it is certainly possible.

Edited by mwdiers

When exporting text, verse numbers cannot be exported as proper superscripts. The superscripts are simulated as a smaller type size + a baseline shift. While this works fine for the text display in Accordance, it is pretty much useless when pasting the text elsewhere, particularly if you try to change the font.

If the superscripts were exported as regular rich text superscripts, even when changing or resizing the font in other software, the superscripts would remain intact.

Would it ever be possible to export true superscripts to the clipboard? I paste text with proper superscripts from other software into Mellel all the time, so it is certainly possible.

Bummer.

I just pasted some text into "Pages" on my Macbook and see what you mean.

Although it is a bit of a pain, if you change the format from "baseline shift" to superscript and then copy the formatting, pasting the formatting is easy and quick.

I know that's not a true solution for the long run but I thought I'd mention it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they fixed this in 11.0.4. Superscripts are now copied as true superscripts.