Photo Guide 3 still shows after installing Photo Guide 4

Dan_Bruce

I upgraded to Photo Guide 4 using Easy Install. On the left side menu, the Photo Guide 3 still shows, and so does the new Photo Guide 4. I'm fairly new to Accordance. Is this normal?

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

Hi Dan, welcome to the forums. Good question!

I have found that Accordance does not overwrite previous versions when large updates occur providing the user the opportunity to compare the changes. You can remove the old version by opening you library, finding Photo Guide 3, right mouse clicking and selecting remove from the menu. You can choose to keep it on your hard drive or remove it. (I removed mine). If I want it back I can go to Easy Install and re-download.

This is generally true for major updates. Updates that fix typos etc. or those that the publisher requires will automatically replace the old version.

Hope this answers your question.

• Like 2

I think this is a good idea, too.

Someone who worked on PhotoGuide 4--is there anything in 3 that is not in 4, such that removing 3 takes out any images or data altogether from our resources? I ask because it is a pretty large module.

I don't think anything was removed. Some pictures were replaced with better ones, but I really doubt you will miss anything.

• Like 2

I really welcome the fact that Accordance doesn't delete or overwrite previous versions of the modules with major updates.

You could maybe make more of a selling point with this.

I deleted PhotoGuide 3 after upgrading to PG4. However, when I am using maps and click near a city or location it now says, "The text PhotoGuide is not available to Accordance." So I am downloading PG3 again. I assume this is a bug.

FOLLOW UP: I did a "set map display" Command-T and choose PG4 instead of PG3. I would have deleted this comment but I figured someone else would make the same mistake that I did.

Edited by Tony Lawrence
  • Like 2