14 replies to this topic

#1 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,248 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

JUST RELEASED: 14 Ligonier titles for the Accordance Library! Special bundles are available for ONE WEEK ONLY with custom upgrade pricing! 

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2015 8" Toshiba Encore 2 Write - 1.33 Ghz Atom Z3735F, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#2 Pchris

Pchris

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament Exegesis, The Ancient Near East, the Hamito-Semitic languages, Ancient Greek, Mythology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hm, I get an "Error 404" when clicking on the link..

Accordance Version: 11.0.4 

Hardware: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 (medio 2012)
Operating System: OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.

#3 Julie Palmer

Julie Palmer

Silver

• Accordance
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Hiking, Canoeing, Geocaching

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

Try this link.

• Pchris likes this

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

Fixed. Thanks.

• Pchris likes this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2015 8" Toshiba Encore 2 Write - 1.33 Ghz Atom Z3735F, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

#5 sacha zemp

sacha zemp

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Mac, italian coffee, old commodore computers, a good book, delta quadrant
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

Hi

Is this the new reformation study bible that ligonier is releasing this spring, and is already accepting preorders? 

Or is this the 10 year old version from 2005? If the latter, I would be a bit disappointed, since it then would look like you want to make a sale of an old version an then in a few months make us an offer to upgrade to the new version. 

Also all of the booklets that accordance 'offer' for free with a purchase of 30 US$ are being given for free electronically as ebooks in the last few months by ligonier itself. 

Regards

Sacha Zemp

#6 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

Hi Sacha!

I hope you're not too disappointed, but this is the 2005 Reformation Study Bible. We do not have any kind of advanced copy of a new edition to offer something different. If you keep up with our sales each week, you'll notice that we will usually include titles from our back catalog that complement any new titles we are also offering. 

As for the Crucial Questions series, the Accordance edition is different from the version offered by Ligonier because our developers have thoroughly examined the etext we received and identified five different kinds of text, tagging everything accordingly. You can run very specific searches for Titles, Content, Scripture, Transliteration, and Page Numbers that could not be done in a standard e-reader. 

Thanks for your questions!

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

OS X

Windows

iOS

#7 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Hmmm. Will there be an Arminian bundle released to bring balance to the Force?

• Timothy Jenney and Abram K-J like this

#8 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:35 PM

Indeed. I know theological neutrality is impossible (for anyone, let alone a purveyor of theological works), but a balancing from here on out would be nice. Similar suggestion voiced here.

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

Accordance 11 on Yosemite: early 2008 iMac / late 2008 MacBook
Latest iAccord on latest iOS on iPad mini

#9 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,248 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:36 PM

The Ligonier titles we've added were in response to multiple requests over time. Alistair & Abram, what would an ideal "Arminian bundle" look like in your opinion?

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

OS X

Windows

iOS

#10 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,775 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted Yesterday, 02:41 PM

[Chuckle] I often feel this way when I am looking for good resources. The trouble is that Arminian (the preferred term is "Wesleyan") scholars generally produce fewer scholarly works, especially in the area of systematic theology. Scholarship is highly valued in Reformed circles, less so among other evangelical Christian groups. I wonder if that is because they (er, ah, "we") tend to put more emphasis on evangelization and missions?

Edited by Timothy Jenney, Yesterday, 02:41 PM.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#11 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted Yesterday, 02:49 PM

Actually, we've got a collection of titles by Roger Olson that are in the pipeline. I assume that counts if one of the titles is "Arminian Theology," right? ;)

• Abram K-J likes this

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#12 revtim

revtim

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

Sweet! I was privileged to have Roger Olsen as one of my profs in seminary. The man is brilliant.

In Christ,

Tim Hall

#13 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,248 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Although I personally eschew the label of Reformed/Calvinist or Arminian/Wesleyan for myself (although I've had representatives from both groups accuse me of being the other), here are some Wesleyan suggestions for consideration whom I believe would make good additions to the Accordance Library (and balance The Force for Alistair):

Kenneth Schenck

Thomas Oden (including his excellent Systematic Theology)

Ben Witherington (we added his NT theology, ​The Indelible Image, recently). 

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

OS X

Windows

iOS

#14 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:22 PM

…what would an ideal "Arminian bundle" look like in your opinion?

I have no idea what an Arminian/Wesleyan bundle might look like, and I have no theological axe to grind about it.

I was just thinking "Reformed/Calvinist… meh…"

I like options, and I like to have access to different opinions.My comment was for balance, so that modules are not overly skewed in any one theological direction.

[Chuckle] I often feel this way when I am looking for good resources. The trouble is that Arminian (the preferred term is "Wesleyan") scholars generally produce fewer scholarly works, especially in the area of systematic theology. Scholarship is highly valued in Reformed circles, less so among other evangelical Christian groups. I wonder if that is because they (er, ah, "we") tend to put more emphasis on evangelization and missions?

Dr. J, according to my lecturers that is exactly the case.

#15 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,775 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted Yesterday, 04:42 PM

When I was a faculty member at North Central University, more than a decade ago, we were reviewed for regional accreditation by a team led by a woman from Indiana Wesleyan.  We had a great conversation together about the fact that our colleges are so concerned about turning out additional pastors, youth pastors, and missionaries, we often did not allow faculty enough time to research and write. From what I hear from my friends at the financially-pressed Christian colleges, today the situation is even worse. None of our supporting denominations consider scholarly publications as a sign of success, at least not enough to support it. New churches, increased attendance, more missionaries, those are goals worth supporting. (sigh)

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users