My User Notes

Dennis M Callies

Finally I am beginning to use, learn User Notes.

At first, I tried to select two (or more) biblical verses to make a note on. I discovered that only the last of the selection would be red-dotted and that the edit window would hyperlink only that one. When I next edited that hyperlinked verse to include the verses I was attempting to package, I found that I got an error message window when I clicked on that hyperlink. Except --two of my multi-verse references did in fact open up to display my chosen verse package. How did I do that? And how can I do that again?

Dennis,

The User Notes are structured so that you create an individual note for each verse. If you want to create a single note which contains comments on multiple verses, your best bet is to select the first verse and append a note to it (Let's use Genesis 2:1 as an example). You can edit the reference for the note to include additional verses (e.g.: Genesis 2:1-4), but the note itself will only be attached to verse 1. If you really want to be slick, you could place your comments on verses 2, 3, and 4 in separate notes, but delete the reference in each of those notes so that those notes appear to be just a continuation of your note on verse 1.

As far as the error you're getting, I would need to know specifically what error you're getting to be able to help you.

David, this morning I was going to send you the particulars of the error I was getting. However when I opened Accordance immediately appeared [memory error #-116 in procedure "ChangeHandle"!]. I clicked "OK", and then appeared [The text "Bob Richardson" is not currently available to Accordance.] "Bob Richardson" is the name of the file I made in My User Notes. "BR" is still listed in Documents>Accordnce Files>User Notes>Bob Richardson. Again, when I try to open that file, the message [The text "Bob Richardson" is not currently available to Accordance.] appears. In fact the contents of two other small User Notes have also diasppeared.

This is the first time error #-116 affected my Accordance.

Dennis:

My guess is that the User Notes file is corrupt. You can email it to me to take a look, if you like. Another thing you can try is to remove the files from the menu in Arrange Modules, and then add them back to Accordance and see if they then work OK.

The file I was sent was a saved window file, instead of the actual User Notes file which has apparently been deleted. The saved window file cannot open of itself, it needs the notes file: just a warning to others to save and back up their user notes and user tools, if you put a lot of work into them.

Archived