Sync Fails Between Mac and iPhone

KevinPurcell

I'm trying to sync my Mac version (latest version of Accordance as of this date) to the iPhone for the first time. I wanted to test things out so I created a test note on Genesis 1:24 on my iPhone and then opened the Sync tool on the phone and on the computer. They see one another and I click to connect from the computer. It warns me that this is the first time I've synced this phone, which it is. I click on OK it brings up the dialog box to choose what to sync. I've tried syncing only notes and then I tried syncing just one notes file and both times it warned me that I had to have at least one text installed on my phone. I know I do because I'm reading the ESV on my phone. But I checked it anyway and then it returns the same error every time no matter what I check to sync. It says "There was an error while Accordance tried to use user content file from the device" and then says below that "Please contact technical support to help you resolve this issue."

From the Help:

You are here: Version 11 Installation, Updates, and Syncing > Sync to Mobile Devices > Select User Content Selected

Checked items have already been synced or installed. Unchecked items are available for syncing to your device. You can select or unselect all modules in a category by checking/unchecking that category. A check next to a module category indicates that all modules in that category have been synced. A minus symbol next to a module category indicates that only some modules in that category are synced. When you open that category the modules are automatically sorted with the synced items at the top of the list and the unsynced items at the bottom of the list.

So if you want to move your User Note to your device, you should be able to select it and click “Sync Now”.

Note

Items with a checkmark are synced to the mobile device. Unchecking a checked item will remove that item from the mobile device.

So if you “uncheck” your other modules then Accordance thinks you want to remove these items from your mobile device. iAccord depends on at least one Text modules to be installed to function properly (the error message).

Could you try just “checking” the User Note and see if that works?

Sorry for the confusion,

Mike