Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Perhaps I am asking for a monumental work but I would like to see the work of Pliny the Elder, Natural History as a module in Accordance. I think it could be of great benefit.

Today while studying 1Tim. 5:23, ZIBBCNT made reference to Pliny the Elder in the volume Natural History, Book 14, Chapter 9. I was able to go to Perseus website and read the text about the nature of wine at Ephesus, "while that of Ephesus is far from wholesome, being seasoned with sea-water and defrutum."

It is available at https://archive.org/...historyof03plinand is out of copyright.

• R. Mansfield likes this
Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#2 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:29 PM

It is indeed quite helpful to have everything written in the period 200 BC - AD 200 for NT studies, historical background. I have wished there were a library for ancient studies which had its books shelved in chronological order. Imagine, Accordance or Logos with all the works written 200 BC - AD 200, & having a library section set up where those books were listed from top to bottom in chronological order. I think this should be a feature request.

#3 Pchris

Pchris

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament Exegesis, The Ancient Near East, the Hamito-Semitic languages, Ancient Greek, Mythology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Yesterday, 01:27 PM

Hi Enoch

It already exists - sort of. The Loeb classical Library has many, if not all the Greco-Roman classics from 800 B.C.E to 1000 C.E, fully searchable too.

Link: https://www.loebclassics.com

But I do agree that it would be very cool, if Accordance could tap into these kind of resources in the same manner.

With kind regards

Peter Christensen

Edited by Pchris, Yesterday, 01:31 PM.

Accordance Version: 11.0.4 

Hardware: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 (medio 2012)
Operating System: OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.

#4 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted Today, 01:06 AM

Hi Enoch

It already exists - sort of. The Loeb classical Library has many, if not all the Greco-Roman classics from 800 B.C.E to 1000 C.E, fully searchable too.

Link: https://www.loebclassics.com

But I do agree that it would be very cool, if Accordance could tap into these kind of resources in the same manner.

With kind regards

Peter Christensen

But I never saw them arranged in a library (with the other works non-Loeb) in chronological order, nor tagged that way in Logos, which has them, of which I have bought all they have. You can search all their Greek corpus, including Perseus, but I don't know that the data can be made to come out in chronological order.

#5 Pchris

Pchris

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament Exegesis, The Ancient Near East, the Hamito-Semitic languages, Ancient Greek, Mythology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Today, 09:50 AM

But I never saw them arranged in a library (with the other works non-Loeb) in chronological order, nor tagged that way in Logos, which has them, of which I have bought all they have. You can search all their Greek corpus, including Perseus, but I don't know that the data can be made to come out in chronological order.

You know, that IS strange, now that I think about it. I don't see why they can't do all of this. Oh well..

Accordance Version: 11.0.4 

Hardware: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 (medio 2012)
Operating System: OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users