4 replies to this topic

#1 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:22 PM

It would be nice to have < and > like on a browser with internet to go back & forth from where you last were. I am aware of the triangular arrows at right top of workspace; but clicking on them has never accomplished anything useful to me.

It is notable that in the File Menu there is this "Open Autosaved Session," which evidently lists one's history of workspaces. It would be nice to have < and > on one side of the screen (like where the triangular arrows now are) which would take you to the autosaved sessions. Each click would go back a session, and the other > would take you back to where you started after going to an autosaved session.

My requested feature is < and > to navigate autosaved sessions. Also, keyboard shortcuts would be helpful, as I could program them into my Kensington trackball.

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,258 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 PM

They're at the bottom right. 

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 12.42.26 PM.png   383.47KB   0 downloads

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2015 8" Toshiba Encore 2 Write - 1.33 Ghz Atom Z3735F, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#3 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the response, but I don't see any such < & > or arrows at the bottom right. I do see a single arrowhead pointing down to the right of the box that tells you what verse you are on. But clicking that arrowhead brings up menus of Bible books only.

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,258 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Yesterday, 01:15 PM

Enter a reference into that box. It will take you there, and then the arrows will appear allowing you to go back to the place where you were before. 

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2015 8" Toshiba Encore 2 Write - 1.33 Ghz Atom Z3735F, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#5 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted Today, 01:07 AM

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Postscript:

I was at Ps 22 and moved to John 3 & back using the arrows.
But when I put Josephus into the box, I was informed that "the book Josephus cannot be found."

Thus it appears that these arrows have limited use.
And I am still thinking it would be nice for the auto-saved workspace history to have arrows like on a browser, perhaps at or by that triangle of arrows on top right. I mention this because it appears to me that since Accordance is keeping a record of the workplaces used, there may as well be easy access by browser type back & forth arrows, arrows always immediately available, even with some keyboard cut in addition. Maybe if command N gives a new workspace, command O could be an old workspace, though I notice that command O is already taken.

Edited by Enoch, Today, 01:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users