#1 Enoch

Enoch

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted Today, 03:54 PM

Can Accordance do 21:9 aspect ratio?

I am thinking that this new, wider ratio will enhance parallel text presentation on large screen monitors (TV sets).

It looks like after getting "everyone" to change to 16:9, the industry is now going to get "everyone" to buy a new TV set in 21:9. Maybe the MacBook will come out that way making the new MacBooks rather wide.

"21:9 (2.33:1) is the approximated screen aspect ratio of the true value 64:27 (2.370:1) in comparison to the common ratio of 16:9 (1.77:1). It is designed to show films recorded in CinemaScope or the modern anamorphic format of 2.39:1. The main benefit of this screen ratio is the absence of the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen when viewing content in this format, and a constant display height when displaying other content with a lesser aspect ratio." -- Wikipedia

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,259 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Today, 04:04 PM

Considering the Accordance window is flexible, I assume it will work with any screen's aspect ratio.

The ultra-wide monitors appeal to me because I believe they would be ideal for putting Accordance and a word processing app side by side. I use BetterSnapTool (in the Mac App Store) to do this already, but I imagine an ultra-wide would facilitate this layout better.

A key in buying any ultra-wide monitor is making certain that your computer will support its native resolution.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2015 8" Toshiba Encore 2 Write - 1.33 Ghz Atom Z3735F, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users