Göttingen Psalms, Symmachus, Aquila and their friends

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I'm no text critic so the question below embodies a certain amount of ignorance but bear with me as there is a point.

My understanding at present is that the Greek translations of Hebrew texts prepared by Symmachus and Aquila (Theodotion etc) remain only in fragments. I am guessing that those fragments are noted in http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=LXXG-PS-ODESfor the most part. As part of the Greek Psalms in a year I am interested in seeing if Symmachian/Aquilan fragments could be reassembled from the apparatus - if any exist for Psalms. Though I'd be interested still if it were only possible for fragments of other books Psalms or Genesis are what I am currently reading. I realise what I really want is a full collation of Symmachus against the Göttingen or Rahlfs but that's not going to happen until someone digs another building foundation somewhere and finds a few more leaves. So the question is has any one tried to construct any fragment backwards from the apparatus here and is there even enough data there to do it ?

Thx

D

I doubt this will scratch where you're itching but my hard copy of Rahlfs lists quite a few variants from S and A in the psalms. I suppose if you took the time you could do some reconstructing. I've never laid eyes on the Gott version. I hope to have the modules one day, but that level of LXX study is just not realistic for me right now!