Any way to get a commentary from the info pane to replace the current commentary?

rpavich

Hi,

normally I like the fact that commentaries open in their own pane but sometimes I would like them to replace the current one that's showing when I click the next one in the info pane. I tried shift clicking, cmd clicking, op clicking but nothing does that.

Any way to get Accordance to replace the current commentary on a click in the info pane?

post-33196-0-24185200-1423579561_thumb.jpg

Usually ctrl-arrow up or down.

And ctrl-cmd arrow up and down to the next target.

But you are right, not in this case. Please Accordance add this.

Edited by Fabian

Not from the Info Pane, no.

However, you can chose a different commentary from within the commentary pane by clicking on the commentary title. Just select the one you want from the drop down list.

Not from the Info Pane, no.

However, you can chose a different commentary from within the commentary pane by clicking on the commentary title. Just select the one you want from the drop down list.

Yeah...but the commentary list is a mile long and I just want to see the next one in line :)

[chuckle] That's my problem, too. I own too many Accordance resources!

Seriously, I have organized by commentaries by importance (to me) and then into subfolders based on testament. It makes accessing a specific one a bit easier.

Note: if you command-click, the commentary will open in its own zone; the tab will be tied to your main text, so it will scroll with the text. Subsequent command-clicks on other commentaries will add more tabs (not more zones), moving the other tabs behind them. That saves quite a bit of space over time. If you winde up with too many open tabs in the zone, Command-W is an easy way to close the active tab.

If all you are trying to do is peruse the different commentary entries, it may be more useful to use Instant Details (either by hovering, or as a popover with a click and hold or Option-click) to read through the articles, only opening up the tools you are extra-interested in.

Thanks everyone, I'll take these suggestions to heart. I'm not complaining, just wondering if I had missed something obvious.