User Manual / Tutorial

ronadams

Hi there!

I've just upgraded to v.11 from v.7! It's fairly intuitive but I would like to have some form of User Manual for quick reference. I found links to video (.zip) files in Helen Brown's forum post of several years ago butthey don't work. "Accordance Basics with Dr. J." is a slide show that isn't "quick reference." Podcasts are okay but not "quick reference."

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by ronadams

Ron,

I find the best way to find out how to do most things is to look at the Help file. It can be accessed through "Help" on the top of the screen. The first option should be "Accordance Help". Clicking on that will take you to Accordance's on-line help. It has the ability to search (top right hand corner) and an index.

Hope this helps ... get it? ;)

The help files are awesome--but are you looking for a print manual? Accordance has one, and I think you'd find it does exactly what you're looking for. Find it here.

Thanks for responses. Glad to learn that there is a print version available. Anyone have it? Is it worth the investment? Apparently no one has yet offered a review.

I have it and think (like the v. 10 manual before it) it is just about the perfect blend of detail and brevity. The price does seem a little high, but it's not much more than one of the cheaper modules Accordance offers, if you want to think of it that way. If you really want to get up to speed on moving from v. 7 to v. 11, I'd definitely recommend the manual... I don't think the manual has anything that the help files don't (and the help files are more thorough, searchable, etc.), but I've really liked being able to read about Accordance away from a computer.

So, yes, I'd say if you've got the funds, it's worth it.

Many thanks! I prefer hard copy manuals but have found Help button very ... helpful.

On another note, I've been playing around with user notes and workspaces. I've found user notes to be a bit finicky; I've crashed Accordance a few times.

Workspaces are cool. I've created a few just playing around but I'm having trouble deleting them. Even after dragging to trash from Accordance Files folder. What's up with that?

Accordance 7 to Accordance 11?!? Wow! That's a big jump!

Welcome back. :-)