How to copy text with highlights intact?

ldeck

Is there a way to save text (or copy) as rtf without the highlights removed?

In other words, is there are way to preserve the highlights (e.g., as background colours) when exporting a text.

I believe your only option is to print the contents to a PDF or actual printer.  Then you'll receive the highlights with the text.

Yes, that was what I came up with also—unfortunately, this doesn't allow you to play around with the text (paragraphs groupings, inline comments, etc).

Is this possible to consider as a feature request? 

One of the difficulties is that the range of graphical styles allowed in highlights can't be represented in plain text when being exported to another word processor.  How would Word or Pages know how to render in Accordance specific styles?  When printing, we can add graphical objects at the correct places to represent the highlights, but in your case you want actual text styling that Word or Pages understand, which I don't think is feasible.

So, unfortunately your options are printing or a screenshot.

Well both of Word and Pages support images (if that's what they are) placed behind text. But I was more thinking of Text Edit's natural support for rtf and rtfd.

Perhaps the alternative would be to allow a tab to be freeform reformatted?