how to unlink tabs permanently?

proslambano

Hi, 

I have a workspace with two tabs in the bible text zone and it starts up with Accordance. Both tabs are bible texts, obviously. I had originally set up the second tab to be tied to the first, so when I went to Gal 1:1 in the first, the second moved to.

Now I've been trying to remove that tie. I remove, save workspace, but after closing, Accordance always reopens the workspace with the 2nd tab tied to the first.

How do I permanently remove the tie?

TIA!

My guess is that removing the tie does not "dirty" the workspace enough so that Accordance recognizes that it needs to be resaved. Try making a more dramatic change, even if you then reverse it, such as adding another tab.

I don't know if "Save As..." and then just replacing the workspace with the current one (using the same name) would make a difference?

If all else fails, I suggest deleting the tab entirely, then opening the resource in that tab directly from the Library. That will create an entirely new tab, which will not be tied to anything. Save that Workspace, as Adam suggested under a new name.

This will give you two identical Workspaces, save that the tabs will be tied in one, untied in the other.

Save that Workspace, as Adam suggested under a new name.

Adam? Code name? The original human? Federal head? Or autocorrect gone mad...?  :blink:

• Like 1

I am everyman. Though I do also like "federal head." :)

Surely great father is a far better appellation!

• Like 1

Oops, sorry, Abram.

okay, adding a tab and then saving (which forces me to overwrite the old one) did the trick with the tie-in, but curiously, the new tab doesn't get saved as a part of the workspace.... it's starts up with just the two original tabs. 

I don't need that tab, but just wanted to make y'all aware.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1