Preserve Formatting in User Notes?

Abram K-J

I hope this is a simple tweak I'm overlooking, but when I copy-paste text from MS Word on Mac into User Notes in Accordance 11, the formatting from Word is stripped (bold, italics, etc.).

Pasting in the same way into Scrivener preserves the formatting, so I don't think it's anything with the text I'm copying.

I see how to Paste and Match Style in Accordance User Notes, but is there a way to Paste and Retain Style?

(And if not, this would be a feature request.)

• Like 2

I've noticed that the same thing happens when importing HTML.

Thanks, Rick. I can't remember now--was it like this before?

(I don't remember noticing it.)

I don't either. I only noticed it myself recently.

By the way, for what it's worth, copy-pasting from another Accordance module into User Notes preserves formatting.

Accordance used to retain italics, bold, and color when copying from a note into another note in User Notes.  (I do this frequently if I find some interesting grammatical, lexical, or theological info that I want to be able to see in my notes at more than one verse of Scripture.)  Now when I copy, I have to reformat everything.  Can't remember what happened when I copied from outside Accordance.  Since we used to be able to copy and retain style, it shouldn't be too difficult to reacquire the ability?  Was there some change from Acc10 —> Acc11 that would preclude the reacquisition?

Oh, and by the way, when I mentioned importing from HTML a while ago, I was thinking of user tools. Sorry.

• 1 year later...

Accordance used to retain italics, bold, and color when copying from a note into another note in User Notes.  (I do this frequently if I find some interesting grammatical, lexical, or theological info that I want to be able to see in my notes at more than one verse of Scripture.)  Now when I copy, I have to reformat everything.  Can't remember what happened when I copied from outside Accordance.  Since we used to be able to copy and retain style, it shouldn't be too difficult to reacquire the ability?  Was there some change from Acc10 —> Acc11 that would preclude the reacquisition?

I'm still having an issue here, the same one Julie describes. Is a fix or update on the way? 

What I want to do is copy-paste a template for each User Note (headings in bold), from one verse to another. I have to manually make my headings bold in each new note as it is now.

Interestingly enough, what I am unable to do on the desktop app (copy-paste and preserve bold font) works just fine in Accordance's iOS app.

I would like to add my two cents worth to the idea of preserving formatting, however with a twist, I would like the formatting to be preserved even when copying from another program. I have resources in other programs (which I have rights to) and when I copy and paste into a user note it takes in some cases a considerable amount of work to repair the formatting. Is this even possible would be the first question, the second is how time consuming from a programmers point of view is this?

Yes, I'd like that, too, Bob--it was actually what prompted the original post. I don't remember having this issue before (though the original post is a year and a half old), so I hope it can be resolved/restored.