How Do You Bring Up the Standard Bibliographical Info?

Enoch

I was just looking at Alexanders' Christian Ethics, an Accordance module in my library.  Since I don't know who this Alexander is or was, I was curious. But when I clicked on i for info, there was no date of publication nor country of publication.  Is there some way to bring up the original date of publication, the place of publication, and the publisher who published it?

I was trying to sort all these "writings" into significant categories, like classical British, reformed, Puritan, Pilgrim fathers, non-conformist, Anglican, colonial America or whatever -- and do this without opening every module.

Thanks

From the start of the module (text)

A Handbook of Christian Ethics by Archibald B. D. Alexander, M.A., D.D.

Author of ‘A Short History of Philosophy,’ ‘The Ethics of St. Paul,’ etc.

London: Duckworth & Co. 3 Henrietta St., Covent Garden 1914  All rights reserved

Archibald B. D. Alexander, Christianity and Ethics: a Handbook of Christian Ethics (Accordance electronic ed. London: Duckworth & Co., 1914), v.

London: Duckworth & Co. 3 Henrietta St., Covent Garden 1914  All rights reserved

Archibald B. D. Alexander, Christianity and Ethics: a Handbook of Christian Ethics (Accordance electronic ed. London: Duckworth & Co., 1914), v.

Thanks a lot for the response.

However, I would still like to know if there is some way to bring up the original date of publication, the place of publication, and the publisher who published modules without opening up each module. If not, it would be a requested feature.  But I thought I would find out if there were some way already to do this before I put this request in the requested feature dept.

Edited by Enoch

Hi Enoch - not if it’s not in the info (i button) info. It is for many tools.

Hi Enoch - not if it’s not in the info (i button) info. It is for many tools.

Thanks Ken,

AS I understand it then, Accordance provides  original date of publication, the place of publication, and the publisher  with some modules, but not all.  It would seem that those items would be minimal essential information, but it could be that the source Accordance got if from didn't have that information.  Date & place certainly helps classify items.  And publisher can tell you a lot as to POV.

Thanks again.

On multi-volume works we cannot provide all that information for each volume in Get Info, and this is why we refer to the individual volume contents.

On multi-volume works we cannot provide all that information for each volume in Get Info, and this is why we refer to the individual volume contents.

original date of publication, the place of publication, and the publisher.

Are those 3 items rightly titled "all that information"? Or is that minimal, essential information on a book?

Now which makes more sense:

1) the 1 seller (Accordance) when entering the author & title also put in date, place, & publisher

-- or --

2) the 1000's of customers each open every module they buy & search for the title page/copyright page then write down the date, place, & publisher and concoct their lists for each module -- since memory is insufficient to remember these facts for every book in the library -- or repeat this process every time they want to know this data?

Now when Accordance is entering the name of the author & title, is not the rest of that information right there with it requiring only a few seconds more to add? I mean if the Accordance worker is looking at the title page of a book where is author and title, and those other 3 items are right there also in plain sight, now much extra effort is it to serve one's customers to add in those items?

• Like 1