Right Click Information Upgrade requested

Enoch

It would be nice ( IMHO minimal essential information) to include for all modules:  original date of publication, the place of publication, and the publisher.   And if the book lacks some of that information, a note to that effect would also be good, like no date for "no date given on title or copyright page."

As I wrote on the previous post:

On multi-volume works we cannot provide all that information for each volume in Get Info, and this is why we refer to the individual volume contents.

original date of publication, the place of publication, and the publisher.

Are those 3 items rightly titled "all that information"? Or is that minimal, essential information on a book?

Now which makes more sense:

1) the 1 seller (Accordance) when entering the author & title also put in date, place, & publisher

-- or --

2) the 1000's of customers each open every module they buy & search for the title page/copyright page then write down the date, place, & publisher and concoct their lists for each module -- since memory is insufficient to remember these facts for every book in the library -- or repeat this process every time they want to know this data?

Now when Accordance is entering the name of the author & title, is not the rest of that information right there with it requiring only a few seconds more to add? I mean if the Accordance worker is looking at the title page of a book where is author and title, and those other 3 items are right there also in plain sight, now much extra effort is it to serve one's customers to add in those items?

Edited by Enoch

We do give you this information whenever we can. My point is that multi-volume series have different information on each volume, and there is no space in the Get Info to list it all.

We do give you this information whenever we can. My point is that multi-volume series have different information on each volume, and there is no space in the Get Info to list it all.

Is there not room for "Chicago:  Moody Press, 1954-65"?  The place & publisher is the same for all the volumes, & they have a range of dates , which requires no more room than -XX (3 spaces extra).  But I see no reason why each volume should not have its own individual info.  But of course you know things about production of which I am ignorant.

• 2 weeks later...

+1.

My two cents: add a "Get Info" button for each module which shows you the bib information for that title specifically.