iPhone enhancements

EricInSeattle

I've just bought Accordance and find it much easier to use than the previous programs I have been using (BW and BS).  There are a couple simple changes to the iOS app, though, that I would like to suggest.

1.  On the iOS version, when two windows are open, four lines are taken up with the Bible name and the book name in the two headers, for example:

GNT28-T
Matt. 1:3

ESV with Strong's

Why not put the Bible name and the book name on the same line, one to the left and one to the right, as follows:
GNT28-T                              Matt. 1:3

ESV with Strong's                Matt. 1:3

Real estate is so precious on an iPhone!

2.  Syncing verses in two windows is a little awkward, because the top of the leading verse has to be dragged all the way up to the header panel in order for the follower verse in the second window to move up.  What makes this awkward is that the edge of the header panel is not visible, the background color of the header panel being identical to the background color of the text panel.  How about making the header panel's background always darker?  Maybe even black, with white text?

I've just bought Accordance and find it much easier to use than the previous programs I have been using (BW and BS).  There are a couple simple changes to the iOS app, though, that I would like to suggest.

1.  On the iOS version, when two windows are open, four lines are taken up with the Bible name and the book name in the two headers, for example:

GNT28-T

ESV with Strong's

Why not put the Bible name and the book name on the same line, one to the left and one to the right, as follows:
GNT28-T                              Matt. 1:3

ESV with Strong's                Matt. 1:3

Real estate is so precious on an iPhone!

2.  Syncing verses in two windows is a little awkward, because the top of the leading verse has to be dragged all the way up to the header panel in order for the follower verse in the second window to move up.  What makes this awkward is that the edge of the header panel is not visible, the background color of the header panel being identical to the background color of the text panel.  How about making the header panel's background always darker?  Maybe even black, with white text?

re: 1 - we've gone back and forth on this, but I believe it is up for re-evaluation at least on iPhone. One reason it is currently two lines is for displaying search result information.

re: 2 - I'm not sure what can be done here to increase the threshold for advancing the verse, but I have noticed it as well. I assumed it was just "the way it is" so to speak. But I will forward it on for review.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'd like to see #2 adopted for both the desktop and iOS.

• Like 2

1+

I would like to see #1 adopted for the iPhone at least.  It would really save a lot of screen real estate on a very limited screen.

In Christ,

Bret

I just want 2.0 before I start making suggestions and changes... I know last word was it was close to entering Beta and there is no point offering false hoping with dates that may vanish as bugs pop up....

-Dan

It seems to me that #2 (darker header window) is already implemented in the desktop version--at least for the Workspace windows on Accordance for Mac OS X.  That is, there is a clear visual distinction between the text window and the header window that allows one to drag the text all the way up to the edge and trigger the sync.

#2 has always been an annoyance to me. Would love to see it addressed somehow