Problems with shortcut to cykle workspaces

mortenjensen

Hi all

According to the overview here, http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX11/content/topics/10_ref/kb/navigating_wrkspcs_zones_tabs_panes.htm, the shortcut for cycling through open workspaces are set to: cmd, shift `

Unfortunately, this does not work at my mac. It is Yosemite, but Danish keyboard layout. My `-key is found just to the right of Backspace. I tried a number of different keys to see, if I could hit the right one - but no luck.

Is there a way, I can set my own shortcut key - or a way to bypass this problem?

Morten

The shortcut should be a simple Cmd-`.  Since that character is Shift-` on the Danish keyboard, it is working for me to type Cmd-Shift-`.  I just installed the standard Danish keyboard, and this is working for me on Accordance 11.0.4.  Is there something different about your setup?

Thx for your efforts, Joel. 

Yes: Cmd-` which is found right next to the delete-button. 

I have tried directly on my mac - and on my desktop setup, where I use an external keyboard, a logitech di novo edge, windows layout. 

Also on 11.0.4.

What to do? This a rather important shortcut :)

Mortne

On the Danish keyboard, it is the ´ character found next to the delete, not the ` character, thus the Shift key is required.  What Mac OS are you running?  If you switch to a different keyboard layout, does it start to work?

The ´and `are on the same key - both next to Delete. 

Which key do you press when Danish keyboard is on to get the `? Where is it located physically? 

Morten

If I switch to American, it works - and the key is located right left to z. Actually, it works with or without Shift - just cmd and the key.

When I switch back, it does not. Neither the key right next to z or the "real Danish `-key".

And here a thing more: it does work as an universal shortcut on other mac programs like Finder - that is: cmd + the key right left to z.

So, what I need is for Accordance to accept a Danish keyboard layout like for Finder. Possible?

Morten

I can confirm that cmd, shift and `-key (right next to the delete-key) works on my Danish keyboard just fine. The only difference, it seems, is that I'm still on Mavericks, so maybe it's a Yosemite-related problem? From what I gather, 10.10.2 is somewhat glitchy.

With kind regards

Peter Christensen

Hello 

To change the "Workspace" in 10.10.2 on the danish keyboard I have to play with the shortcut key, I cannot only press cmd-shift-` sometimes it will sometimes not and then I have it to change by clicking, and then once it will change by the shortcut, but only once.

To change the Window of MSWord, Safari etc.  it works on the danish keybord fine with cmd-< (left from z/y )  also in my nativ Keyboard layout. But not cmd-` (which is next to the delete). 

So I can confirm the problems of mortenjensen.

So it looks like a problem of Accordance. All changed with cmd-< in my case, except Accordance which will the same shortcut. Even out of the american layout. So please let the same button for all changes not the same shortkey! Word, Safari and all other  can it also. So I have to press the same buttons like the american to change the Workspace/Windows but not the same signs on the button. Take here the native Mac shortcut and it will work fine.

Edited by Fabian

Hi all,

I found a workaround: In mac-preferences, keyboard, shortcuts, I simply assigned a new shortcut to the 'cycle windows' option and voila, it works - in Accordance and for all programs. 

I could very well be a glitch between Yosemite and Accordance somewhere.

Morten