report a correction

Michael J. Bolesta

To Accordance: I notice if I report a correction, I get an immediate confirmation of receipt, thanking me for the report. But if I send another correction, there is no confirmation. The confirmation is nice, but does its absence mean that you did not receive the subsequent report?

I've noticed this too and wondered about that. It appears to me you get about one response per day. If you report multiple in a day you get the first response. A day or so later and you'll get another one. I was wondering if it was deliberate. It would be good to know for sure though.

thx

D

Michael, I don't know about the frequency of the auto response, but we have indeed received two different reports from you this afternoon sent two minutes apart.

Okay. I can confirm that I sent two (both Mounce-NT), but received confirmation only from the first one sent. In the past I have resent a correction the next day to assure myself it went through. The current set up can be confusing.

The email server we use does state:

When activated, an auto-reply message will be sent to people sending you an email. Each sender will receive only one auto-reply message.

I would interpret this as one reply per message but apparently it is one per user per day. There is no setting to change this. You can rest assured that we do receive all the incoming reports.

• Like 1

The email server we use does state:

I would interpret this as one reply per message but apparently it is one per user per day. There is no setting to change this. You can rest assured that we do receive all the incoming reports.

Thanks for the clarification Helen.