"Smart" groups?

Battlesman

Hey all,

Is there a way to do a "smart" group? That is, make a rule that specifies what belongs and doesn't belong in a group? To use a non-Bible software example, if I want to make a playlist in iTunes that includes everything except the King's Singers, I can make a "smart playlist" which includes the rule of every artist except the King's Singers. 

Similarly, I want to make a group that include all my tools, except that of the theological journals, etc. Is there currently any way to do this other than manually selecting which ones go where? It's quite laborious to manually drag and drop the individual modules into a group.

Thanks!
Dustin

Hey all,

Is there a way to do a "smart" group? That is, make a rule that specifies what belongs and doesn't belong in a group? To use a non-Bible software example, if I want to make a playlist in iTunes that includes everything except the King's Singers, I can make a "smart playlist" which includes the rule of every artist except the King's Singers. 

Similarly, I want to make a group that include all my tools, except that of the theological journals, etc. Is there currently any way to do this other than manually selecting which ones go where? It's quite laborious to manually drag and drop the individual modules into a group.

Thanks!

Dustin

Not that I know of (But I'm not an accordance rep, just a user of the software.)

But it would seem pretty easy since you can shift click whole modules at a time.

Battlesman,

This isn't currently possible, but you have a few options to get around it.

1) You can use a selection box, or shift/command select items in the Library to select multiple items, so you can add many at once.

2) You can right-click -> Add To User Group to more quickly add to a group and avoid the Drag and Drop.

3) In the Research Tab, you can hold the shift key when selecting categories to select them all for search.  So, for instance, you could shift-click your Dictionaries, Lexicons, and Biblical Studies tools, but avoid your Journals.

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

Battlesman,

This isn't currently possible, but you have a few options to get around it.

1) You can use a selection box, or shift/command select items in the Library to select multiple items, so you can add many at once.

2) You can right-click -> Add To User Group to more quickly add to a group and avoid the Drag and Drop.

3) In the Research Tab, you can hold the shift key when selecting categories to select them all for search.  So, for instance, you could shift-click your Dictionaries, Lexicons, and Biblical Studies tools, but avoid your Journals.

I hope this helps!

Good tips, thanks!