I Don't See Psalm "books" in the ASV

Enoch

I don't know if this is true of all Accordance versions, but I see no "Book 4" between Psalm 89 & 90.  Is this a bug?  Should the title of the sections of Psalms, 5 books of Psalms, be included in the version texts of Accordance?  

BTW, I learned something from this (perhaps) bug, namely that despite a lot of misleading information, the 5 Book division is apparently not in the original Hebrew manuscripts -- at least I saw no sign of it in Aleppo from really excellent online images, neither from the transcription of Leningrad -- no "sepher," no Hebrew letter number either.    I don't know if the boundary between Ps 89 & 90 occurs in some DSS or not.

Edited by Enoch

These titles do not exist in any of the accordance texts. If they are available you will find them in the translation notes. In the case of ASV they are not in the notes file (called "ASV (1901) Notes"), in the case of HSCB (called "HSCB Notes") they are. I suspect that will depend on the etext.

In the texts themselves you will only find the verses not any headings (other than the individual Psalm information in verse 0 of particular psalms).