Apple Watch

Timothy Jenney

Watching the Apple Watch event.

We have SO got to get Accordance on it! :D

• Like 3

doing what?

verse of the day? reading plan reminder? 

I'm thinking verse of the day or devotional of the day.

[Note this is me "the person" speaking, not me "an Accordance spokesperson." We all have our own dreams! :D ]

• Like 2

I like to talk about the watch thing... i don't want to (gen 1 device) but maybe i have to buy a watch.. because i already have all this apple devices around me..

To Acc - verse of the day function:

Not seeing the benefit I would have by having this on my wrist.. better be on my phone or ipad so I can directly switch to read.

Im not against an AppleWatch but I think this first generation isn't that useable as a smartwatch should be... It would be great to have it as a roomkey / movie ticket / travel ticket - just pointing my wrist at the scanner. Also payment.

Its nice as keeping a low profile in meetings when U get a urgent message.. (i don't want all that spam i get on my iphone on my wrist)

I would have bought one if it where upgradeable (like buying the "case" now.. and getting a lower priced technic upgrade every year - and new battery). - or if it would be water resistant (im a swimmer) and had 1 week battery life.. or blood pressure measurement.. but at the moment its a typically gen 1 Apple device... nice. good. but its ok to wait for gen 2.. like with the first gen mac book air.. or now the macbook.. great see what we can do devices... 

Killer Accordance function would be fast wordbook for me on my wrist.. or even camwise.. reading bhs or na27 in actually book form and quickly looking up a word.. but when was the last time i used these books.. can't remember Acc made my life too lazy.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm interested in getting the Apple Watch, not even so much for the smart watch features, but for the health tracking features. I sit way too long at a desk, so having the Apple Watch tell me to periodically take breaks would be nice. I also like how it can more accurately track your walking since I don't get in enough walking in as it is, and it'd probably finally encourage me to get up from my desk and walk more.

I can see a point of having Accordance on the Apple Watch. Here's a few features you could offer:

1. Verse of the Day

2. Daily Devotional

3. Quick Bible Searches

4. The ability to quickly look up info in lexicons.

5. Quick parsing or "instant Details" info on Bible words. It'd be fun to be able to parse Bible words from my wrist, as long as I don't do it in class during an exam. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, given the price I am now thinking about just strapping my iPhone 6 plus to a wrist band.

Not even a pink or lime green sport one for when you go kayaking then Tim?

• Like 1

My "space gray" Sport edition is supposed to arrive between May 13 & 27.

Oh, and what else would be good for Accordance on an Apple Watch--flashcard app. The list could be generated in Accordance and beamed to the watch.

• Like 1

Oh, and what else would be good for Accordance on an Apple Watch--flashcard app. The list could be generated in Accordance and beamed to the watch.

Oh Yeah!

My "space gray" Sport edition is supposed to arrive between May 13 & 27.

My husband ordered a space gray Sport with black band, 38mm.  Also due to arrive May 13-27.  I'm not getting one.  Yet.  And I'm with Nathan.  It's the health tracking features that are the first draw.  The other stuff looks good, too, of course.  Flash cards.  Yeah, that would be very nice.  Y'all get that figured out for me.

• 3 years later...

Hi: I am late to the conversation. With yet-another Apple watch arriving soon: is there any plan for an Accordance APPLE WATCH APPLICATION? 

I love accordance. I like to meditate on scripture during my work-outs. I have been forced to use another application outside Accordance. 

HOWEVER... I "upgraded" to Apple-Watch 5 -- and now my NASB will no longer work. 

So... I even tried the "Bible application" -- but it is not very helpful. So... I am really hoping that Accordance can come through!

THANKS

How does Accordance work on an Apple Watch? Seems like everything would be to hard to read.