Crash doing simple Greek construct

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Mac Mavericks

Acc 11.0.4

When trying to simple constructs inspired by http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/15588-construct-search-i-seem-to-be-getting-incorrect-results/I hit this reproducible crash.

Accordance Crash Log
Program Version: 11.0.4
OS Version: 10.9.5

Call trace:
  $001E72A9
  $001E70CE
  $001E6B38
  $001E5D24
  $00074B7C
  $000C156C
  $0014F874
  $00067FB0
  $00068170
  $9582ED89
  $9568234F
  $95681668
  $95694811
  $956B56B6
  $95682795
  $95681668
  $95694811

Steps to repro.

1. Open new NA28 Greek NT tab - I used a new workspace also

2. enter this Greek construct :

post-32023-0-06731500-1426426909_thumb.jpg

3. Hit enter.

4. Modify the construct to this :

post-32023-0-60748000-1426426998_thumb.jpg

5. Hit enter

At this point Accordance should exit and you should see this crash in the Console app.

Thx

D

I am not getting this crash. There is a fundamental problem with a negative column and WITHIN, though. The constraints are detailed in the Help for Constructs, and the details escape me now. However, it seems that your search should be legitimate.

What other constraints do you have on the Construct and on the Search tab?

Hi Helen,

I am searching the whole GNT, so no range. The scope is whatever I have as default which I think is verse. I have nothing specified for bracketing.

It's pretty vanilla. If I don't run the first search I do indeed get results and they look valid. I wasn't really paying attention to the validity of it otherwise. I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the negative and within but I'll look it up.

I found this in the doc :

Connecting to a Negative Column

The WITHIN and AGREE connecting commands can be used with a negative element column with certain limitations:

• The negative column is defined like a positive column, with a NOT over the top element item.
  • INTER cannot connect to a negative column.
  • If the negative column is not the first or last column, it must be enclosed by a WITHIN item.
  • The negative column can be connected only to one adjacent positive column by WITHIN and AGREE items.
  • Only a positive WITHIN can connect to a negative column.
  • Both AGREE and NOT AGREE items can connect to a negative column.

These limitations apply to all types of Constructs (Simple, Hebrew, and Greek).

but none of these limitations appears to be violated in the above.

Thx

D

Hey Daniel, no crash for me either on Y 10.10.3p

Hmmm.... so my test case description is missing something then because I can repro. it easily. There is not much to add to the description but perhaps these :

1. I am not entering an upper limit on the within just leaving the first cell in the dialog with value 1 and hitting return. If I enter a second value (1) in the second box then it works without a crash.

2. I am finding that booting Acc and closing whatever workspace is open and opening a new one with just the NA28 Greek NT in it and then doing the test produces the most reliable results. If you use a workspace in which a previous construct has succeeded then the one above will also.

Thx

D

I also tried this on Windows and there it does not crash.

thx

D

Nope - tried all that. No crash. I think I am using the magic version though (joke - ok? joke!)

Just the usual - waiting for the dust to settle.

It might be an interesting test case to update to Yosemite and see if I can repro. this but so far I haven't.

Nothing in the update looked sufficiently compelling for me to leap in immediately.

I've been thinking to take another look at the state of affairs and re-evaluate but there's always been something else to do.

Thx

D

Just the usual - waiting for the dust to settle.

It might be an interesting test case to update to Yosemite and see if I can repro. this but so far I haven't.

Nothing in the update looked sufficiently compelling for me to leap in immediately.

I've been thinking to take another look at the state of affairs and re-evaluate but there's always been something else to do.

Thx

D

As the owner of that previously mentioned thread :) and a user of the Yosemite Beta I can say that Accordance runs great on it. :)

Ok so I can repro. this with the 11.0.4 demo under Yosemite. Well I can cause Acc to crash out. I cannot get a diagnostic dump but perhaps that's the demo or something else. And I cannot use θεος I have to use κλαυθμὸς which in the demo appears without the article.

And Bob, I assume you are now off the Yosemite Beta right ?

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

No. I am on 10.10.3 and have experienced no problems.

I'd forgotten that the beta could mean the 10.10.3 beta which I've not tried.

Good to know it looks ok

Thx

D