Two New Photo Collections from the Pictorial Library of Bible Lands

R. Mansfield

NEW! Over 2500 Bible Background Images of Trees, Plants, Flowers and Cultural Events. These collections are perfect for illustrating cultural and geographical elements from the Scriptures in Bible studies, sermons, or the classroom.

We have introductory pricing available for a limited time.

See our blog post, "Picture the Biblical World" for more information. 

Or to order, see the individual items:

We are also running a sale on a Bundle of Five Resources from Rose Publishing.
  • Like 2

I am literally thrilled to see Todd Bolen's work come to Accordance. I have owned and used the Pictorial Library of the Bible Lands for years. I highly recommend these!

• Like 4

These collections both look really good.

Todd mentions Accordance a good deal on his blog--sounds like he's an Accordance user, to boot.

• Like 1

I will say that these pictures are stunning; although, I am very concerned about the fate of this ibex! I hope that this is a shot of him jumping up a ledge and not slipping off!

ibex.png

• Like 2

I hope there will be a crossgrade available. I have owned the full set for years and would love to be able to have them without having to pay full price again. 

By the way, on the photo of the ibex, Rick. I was amazed a few years ago when I visited En Gedi how agile the ibex were going up and down the almost vertical cliffs. I could not help but shoot some video of them. They were mesmerizing.

• Like 2

I am THRILLED to have these two collections available in Accordance.

The more we can fit ourselves into the culture of the Bible, the easier it is to understand its writings. That includes its many references to flora and fauna, which often served as illustrations for spiritual principles. Like any good teacher, the writers of Scripture used familiar things to teach their audience about the unfamiliar.

The trouble for those of us who have come after is that what was familiar to them is not familiar to us. Most of us live a long way from Israel, in different climates, with different ecosystems, and cultures. These photos are a wonderful way to bridge that gap, for us and our audiences.

• Like 3

I remember requesting Hans Arne Jensen's "Plant World of the Bible" a while ago, but this is even better! 

I think i saw this series mentioned on another thred a few months ago, (in a hotel so wifi slow and cant search) but does this mean that more from the series are in the pipeline?

But they do look stunning

Great addition, just wondering how my 16 gig ipad 2 will cope but that provides the ideal justification...

;o)

Just got the plants - the photos are fantastic. What's really nice is the multiple shots of the same kind of plant in different states and locations. In addition as I'd rather hoped there are verse references accompanying the photos - I don't know how complete but there are very many - cedar alone finds 58 mentions in quotations though there are not so many photos of them - some 8 or so. But in some cases a plant is represented by more than 50 photos. Photos for a plant (or perhaps group, say Forest Trees - I haven't been through them all needless to say) are arranged some particular order such as the pomegranate spanning the growing year to harvest in order, some 24 photos including one of the last pomegranates withering on the tree. This stuff is very cool.

Nice one !

A bargain at 600MB. Disk space well used.

Thx

D

I took a look at the website, and the first volumes are also very interesting:

Volume 1: Galilee and the North
Volume 2: Samaria and the Center
Volume 3: Jerusalem
Volume 4: Judah and the Dead Sea
Volume 5: Negev and the Wilderness

Volume 6: Jordan

Do you think we could have these and the other volumes in Accordance as well, and hopefully soon?

• Like 1

I took a look at the website, and the first volumes are also very interesting:

Volume 1: Galilee and the North

Volume 2: Samaria and the Center

Volume 3: Jerusalem

Volume 4: Judah and the Dead Sea

Volume 5: Negev and the Wilderness

Volume 6: Jordan

Do you think we could have these and the other volumes in Accordance as well, and hopefully soon?

Anthony,

I own the full set and they are excellent. I have been encouraging Accordance to get the full set for a long time and I am glad with these as a first step. I am sure that the thoughts are that these might compete with the PhotoGuide 4. I use PhotoGuide 4 and it received a major facelift with version 4. However, my opinion is that while PhotoGuide is a great tool, the Pictorial Library of the Bible Lands Set is the standard. I compare it to the Zondervan Bible Atlas and Sacred Bridge both offered in Accordance. Both are great Atlases but Sacred Bridge is not only more complete, but comes from a more scholarly level than does the Zondervan Bible Atlas. 

I am encouraging everyone to buy the two packages in Accordance, use them and then let the good folks at Accordance see the value in adding the full set. I am confident they will. My experience with Accordance has been nothing but pleasurable. They not only respond well to feature requests but with the addition of modules requested by the users. 

• Like 1

Have just downloaded the cultural one (460 meg). Wow, they are stunning. Thanks tony for initially making me aware of this resource on a separate thread and have been to their site several times.

Accordance team, are you able to say if more are to come?

;o)

Edit, the more i look at them the more i would encourage you to purchase them. These really are an excellent resource. Get a bargain while you can.

Edited by ukfraser

• 11 months later...

Great to see these two sets on sale again. The cultural one ceratinly has some interesting images you dont see in other resources.

;o)

• Like 2