20% off ANYTHING in the Accordance Store

R. Mansfield

To celebrate the release of Accordance Mobile 2.0, we are offering our users a 20% storewide savings. This is a great opportunity to build your Accordance Library with content that you can enjoy and use anywhere. Take 20% off anything in the store: Accordance Collections, Bibles, original language texts, commentaries, dictionaries, theological and graphic titles, and much more.

See "Celebrate Accordance Mobile 2.0 with 20% Off Storewide!" for more information. 

• Like 3

Any suggestions for a newbie in-training?  I purchased the Bible study collection about a week ago.

Well, I would like to study the Bible in depth.  I was in a Master's program for Biblical studies but I cannot do  at this time. So my needs are two fold.  I would like study material that is easy to understand  while I study on my own while being academically acceptable for when I start classes again.  I have two  volumes of the Expositor's Bible Commentary in print form. Thanks in advance for your  time. 

Would you add the 6 New IVP Dictionaries here as well? I'm thinking about taking advantage of the discount for this module set, but I'm not so sure if it's worth it, or that I should aim at something else.

Well, I would like to study the Bible in depth.  I was in a Master's program for Biblical studies but I cannot do  at this time. So my needs are two fold.  I would like study material that is easy to understand  while I study on my own while being academically acceptable for when I start classes again.  I have two  volumes of the Expositor's Bible Commentary in print form. Thanks in advance for your  time. 

Based on that my recommendations would be:

NEW INTERPRETER'S BIBLE 12-VOLUME COMMENTARY

NEW INTERPRETER’S DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE (5 VOLUMES)

ANCHOR YALE BIBLE DICTIONARY, THE (6 VOLUMES)

WORD BIBLICAL COMMENTARY: 58-VOLUME SET

NIB is scholarly and easy to understand. WBC is a little less accessible but as a laymen I get a lot out of it and have little trouble following it. AYBD is the standard but NIDB is defiantly easy to read and more up to date.

Would you add the 6 New IVP Dictionaries here as well? I'm thinking about taking advantage of the discount for this module set, but I'm not so sure if it's worth it, or that I should aim at something else.

I only have the black dictionaries that are in the essential IVP, they are unto date and good volumes, that said I personally find myself referring to them very rarely.

-Dan

• Like 1

It's not cheap but I have found NICOT/NT the best all around commentary set and the new black IVP Dictionaries are excellent. 

Any suggestions for a newbie in-training?  I purchased the Bible study collection about a week ago.

Here are some of my personal recommendations:

Texts:

NIV11-GKE

NA28-T

BHS-T

Dictionaries:

IVP "Black" Dictionaries

Anchor

Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary

Commentaries:

NT Wright For Everyone Series

NIVAC

Tyndale

EBC-R

ACCS

Lexicons:

BDAG + HALOT

Graphics:

Graphics Bundle + PhotoMuseum

Biblical / Theological Studies:

NT Wright's Christian Origins Series

Waltke's Old Testament Theology

Carson & Beale, NT Use of OT

There are others, but these are some that standout to me.

• Like 1

Would Carta's Sacred Bridge also be a good addition among the graphics tools?

Would Carta's Sacred Bridge also be a good addition among the graphics tools?

Yes, and see also Tony Lawrence's review on our product page. Tony is well-informed with respect to these resources.

Great! Thanks a lot for this info.

Well ANYTHING is not anything, and EVERYTHING is not everything. I apparently found the only product of myriad offerings that is not eligible for this offer: the NIDNTT to NIDNTTE upgrade. A dubious distinction to be sure!  :unsure:

Oh well, you can't take it with you (money or Accordance).

Joyous Easter and happy Passover to all.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

I'd been waiting for a general 20% sale and when it turns up I find I don't have the spare money I thought I would... still this made me look through my wish list and I came across "The Torah - A Modern Commentary" which I had noted and forgotten and stretching I found I could afford this [thanks to the sale] and it is fascinating! As neophyte in all senses of Biblical Study I have worked my way through Genesis and Exodus and planned to re-read in more depth and this is the perfect companion.  

Really meant to say was that sometimes one shouldn't be discouraged if one can't get the 'big ticket' resource and it really does pay to look closely at some of the smaller volumes... anyway it all happen for a reason

best Easter wishes

• Like 1

Well ANYTHING is not anything, and EVERYTHING is not everything. I apparently found the only product of myriad offerings that is not eligible for this offer: the NIDNTT to NIDNTTE upgrade. A dubious distinction to be sure!  :unsure:

Oh well, you can't take it with you (money or Accordance).

Joyous Easter and happy Passover to all.

Right! I thought of this as one of the possible options, but seeing that the discount did not apply to the NIDNTTE upgrade, I had to check on the other items in my wishlist...

Regarding the NIDNTTE, it is already 37% off the regular price of buying it new outright. It is an ongoing special discount, and the conditions of the 20% coupon (not even fine print, by the way, but in regular type!) state "No additional discounts apply."

These kinds of discounts are the advantage of digital books--you certainly can't get upgrades on physical books. And it's an advantage to such things in Accordance as well, as you can't upgrade Kindle editions either!

Wish I'd read this thread closer. I'd have liked to purchase the Sacred Bridge but I've alreay used the coupon twice.  Teaches me to not jump too fast. (Yea, right. <_< )

You can email our sales department and as for a special favor. I cannot make any public promises.

Regarding the NIDNTTE, it is already 37% off the regular price of buying it new outright. It is an ongoing special discount, and the conditions of the 20% coupon (not even fine print, by the way, but in regular type!) state "No additional discounts apply."

These kinds of discounts are the advantage of digital books--you certainly can't get upgrades on physical books. And it's an advantage to such things in Accordance as well, as you can't upgrade Kindle editions either!

Thank you Rick. Agree that Accordance is very generous. Happy Easter.