Parsing in English Bible

msilva

Hi Friends,

I am a brand new user and have not had much time to explore, so forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere. When using an English Bible such as ESVS, hovering over a given word with my cursor yields yields only key word information in instant details. When I hover over words in the NA28 I see all information, including the paring.

Is there a way for me to display more information in instant details when using the English text? I believe I have every field checked in the Instant Details preferences. Also, I am using Windows (Don't make fun of me too much.), if that helps.

Blessings!

- Marco

Try the Compare Text preferences and set the Source texts there to the tagged texts you own. Perhaps they are set to the demo texts.

• Like 1

Hi, Marco!

In addition to following Helen's advice, be sure you have the "Parsing" box check in Preferences>Instant Details>Parsing.

post-29215-0-46859300-1427286729_thumb.png

I will only add that, though I will not make fun of your Windows machine, I think it's kinda sad that you have to use one.   :D

Long live the Mac!

• Like 1

While I am a devout Mac loyalist, I do envy Windows users for the tablets they have that offer a full version of Windows. I wish Apple would give us such an option, if for no other reason than to run a full version of Accordance on the go!

• Like 1

Thanks folks! I will try these suggestions when I get a chance!

Dr. J, I'm running a Surface Pro 3 and it is pretty handy to have full software programs in tablet mode. ;) BTW, thanks for your podcasts. They have been a great help in getting acquainted with Accordance.

• Like 1

While I am a devout Mac loyalist, I do envy Windows users for the tablets they have that offer a full version of Windows. I wish Apple would give us such an option, if for no other reason than to run a full version of Accordance on the go!

Dr J – While I agree that being able to run a full Accordance on an iPad would be nice, I would still run into the same problem as I do now – not enough screen real estate! That is what usually makes me head for a computer.  If we had a larger iPad, then it becomes only marginally more portable than a laptop.  I guess I will always be using my devices differently.

I think we've totally hijacked this thread (fortunately Marco's question seems to be answered), but I'd still like to see FOUR panes on the iPad app.

Crazy, I know. But less crazy once the 12" iPad Pro is released in September.

• Like 2

Dell XPS 18 if you want a really decent sized tablet :)

I was wondering the other day if Apple would consider an OSX iPad but ....

Thx
D

You never know what Apple will do. They especially surprise us in the post-Steve Jobs era. Nevertheless, I still believe they are on track for iOS to increase and OS X to decrease. Remember that although the Mac was released in 1984, Apple continued to develop and sell the Apple II through 1992.

I believe that iOS will continue to become more capable until one day OS X is not needed. Or Apple will find that they are happy leaving the trucks (traditional desktop and laptop computers) to Windows. 

This is just my guesswork, but I really do believe that mobile is the future, and my hunch is Apple is betting on this, too. 

I think we've totally hijacked this thread (fortunately Marco's question seems to be answered), but I'd still like to see FOUR panes on the iPad app.

Crazy, I know. But less crazy once the 12" iPad Pro is released in September.

Rick – Even with the iPads we have, I would like to see 4 panes.  

Do you think the rumor about a 12" iPad Pro is really true?

And, you're right, we've hijacked the thread.

You never know what Apple will do. They especially surprise us in the post-Steve Jobs era. Nevertheless, I still believe they are on track for iOS to increase and OS X to decrease. Remember that although the Mac was released in 1984, Apple continued to develop and sell the Apple II through 1992.

I believe that iOS will continue to become more capable until one day OS X is not needed. Or Apple will find that they are happy leaving the trucks (traditional desktop and laptop computers) to Windows. 

This is just my guesswork, but I really do believe that mobile is the future, and my hunch is Apple is betting on this, too. 

I was reading some beta Windows 10 the other day and it seems Windows is going that way also - to the point where mobile and desktop OS is the same - no doubt which paradigm dominates the resulting OS will be interesting. It was already evident in Windows 8 - though that was really not well received in some circles. They seem to making adjustments in 10 trying to find a better balance. We'll see. It's a great benefit to the software companies to consolidate the platforms if they can work all the issues out.

thx

D

Yes, I do. 

September.

If I may insert my 2 cents into the Apple fandom display here, I have to say that it has been a real pleasure to use the Surface Pro 3. I haven't used Accordance much, as I just downloaded it a day or 2 ago, but when I was using the-Bible-software-which-must-not-be-named it was really a pleasant experience.

Before I got the SP3 I thought long and hard about whether I should get a Mac, but I'm glad I went the route I did. Having the full software capabilities when I'm away from my desk is great. I am definitely an advocate for mobile platforms, but I tend to find myself left wanting in functionality, and for continuity in workspace, it's just really nice to have the same platform on-the-go as when I'm at the desk. 

Try the Compare Text preferences and set the Source texts there to the tagged texts you own. Perhaps they are set to the demo texts.

Helen, this was my issue. Thanks again!

I also don't have any greek parsing showing up when I use the ESV and hover over a word in the NT(On macbook) It does show in the OT but not the NT.

Should it?

I believe it make sense, to take the same 12" screen and make to different products. This reduce the product costs.

Edited by Fabian

I also don't have any greek parsing showing up when I use the ESV and hover over a word in the NT(On macbook) It does show in the OT but not the NT.

Should it?

Yes, if you have the right setup. 

post-29509-0-91544300-1427401679_thumb.png

You need to have a Greek NT text that contains the parsing. And it needs to be identified in the compare texts preference (as Helen suggested)

post-29509-0-88200000-1427401666_thumb.png