11.0.4.1 Preferences sloooooow to open in win8.1

Mark Parent

It's taking about 25 seconds for the preferences pane to open. Any idea what's happening?

Thanks, Mark

I've noticed that it takes longer to open in Windows than on the Mac. I don't think it takes 20 seconds on my Acer R7, but I do notice the delay.

Its been like this for a while on Win 7. There have been other reports of it.

I'm running win 7 on an SSD and it's still slow. I don't think I'm seeing 20 seconds though I think I probably timed it a while back.

If I can find the old post I'll link it here.

Thx

D

Ok I just did some timings.

About 4 and a half seconds to open on Win 7 running on i5 with an SSD after several trials, both with and without a fresh app start between

On a Mac with Core 2 Duo on an HDD its less than a second.

These are rough timings with a stopwatch on my phone but nonetheless the give you an idea.

Thx

D

2 different 8.1 Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet2's same delay of 25 seconds. The app itself run fine in every other respect. My mac has always been lickity split as well. Thanks for replies. 

I've noticed the exact same thing running 8.1. I'm a new user, so I've constantly been in preferences, and it takes much longer than it should to open. It's definitely not 20+ seconds; It may be more like 5, but when everything else in Accordance is instant it feels like fffoorreevvveeerrrr. . . . .

The preferences speed is definitely on our list.  The fix will not be there in the very near future, but soon.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 2