10 replies to this topic

#1 Mac72583

Mac72583

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Hi, I wonder if anybody else is having this same issue since updating to iOS 2.0. When I try to select a different text to read in the parallel text pane, the app immediately crashes. For example, while reading in BHS-T, the default parallel text is also BHS-T. However, if I try to switch to the NRSV or the LXX by tapping the module selector, the app crashes immediately.

#2 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

I have had this crash too. It is fairly frequent. Restarting the app and trying again usually does not crash the app.

Michael
Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,873 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:00 AM

This is happening only to certain users (not to me, for example), and is therefore hard to track down. Please send the crash log reports to our support department.

You can access the crash report on your iOS settings. Settings/Privacy/Diagnostics & Usage/Diagnostic & Usage Data/

Find the crash log using the date and time stamps and open it. Long tap the screen and select copy. Stretch the handles to cover the entire report and then copy it and email it to us in support and we will forward it to the iOS programmers to analyze and debug.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 G Springer

G Springer

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Administrator, Student Services, and Instructor at TorahResource Institute
    OS--Yosemite and Windows (XP, 7, 8.1)

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

I have had the same experience and have not reported it before now - basically because I've not been able to duplicate the problem "on demand."

I did my rigorous testing this morning and it did crash my iPad app. I went to the crash log area and didn't find a crash log to send.

This crash has happened related to selecting a second pane text about 5 times to me. Every time I've not been able to reproduce it after the app resets.

A difficult bug to catch...I'm thinking it is about like trying to catch a fly with chopsticks...

#5 Mac72583

Mac72583

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

Hi Helen. Could you tell me what the beginning of the log entry should look like? There are two dozen or so different entries or so that might match up with a crash (there have been many). Thank you in advance.

#6 Mike Garrity

Mike Garrity

Gold

• Accordance
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Hi Mac72583,

Accordance Mobile crash logs typically begin with "iAccord_{date}_{device name}...".

Mike

#7 Mac72583

Mac72583

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

Hi Mike, thanks for that. If that's the case, then I don't have any Accordance crash logs on my iPad. I'm not sure if this matters, but the app never totally "closes." When I tap the parallel text pane, I get sent to my iPad's home screen. Then, when I double-click the home button, Accordance still seems to be running. When I select it, it resets back to the screen I was on when I originally opened it. Is there some other way I can get/send in the diagnostic information?

#8 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

I too have had this problem on occasion. It just happened to me and I can confirm there is no crash log for it.

Steve King Running Accordance 11.0.5 on:

Mac 10.9.5 (Mavericks), mid-2010 Macbook Pro, 4Gb RAM

IOS 8 (iPad 2 and iPhone 6)

#9 ukfraser

ukfraser

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:05 AM

Hi, it happened to me last night, after i had downloaded nivac. It happened a few weeks ago and i think it was at the same time i had just downloaded an update or purchased something. What i am getting round to is i think this additional resource module pane crash may be associated with a background refresh after adding content. Both my iaccordance and ios are on the latest on my ipad2.

Has anyone else who experienced the crash noticed that? Couldnt find a crash log and i am pretty certain i had already opened nivac in it own window first so it wasnt download related. But you can appreciate, i was thinking more about my new content!

Edited by ukfraser, 27 April 2015 - 02:11 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 8 and 1x on iOS 7, occasionally accordance 11x on mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#10 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

This crash is  not producing a crash log for some reason.  And it is not happening consistently enough to be able to reproduce it while debugging.  So it's a tricky one to resolve.  We've made a few changes in the internal builds that appear to make this better.  But, unfotunately, it is not yet fully fixed.  

Thanks for the feedback.

#11 benzab

benzab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

At this point, any attempt to use the parallel pane produce a CRASH with no crash log! It would be nice to have this feature.

Edited by benzab, 27 May 2015 - 09:19 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, crashes, module selector, crash, 2.0, ios 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users