Dropbox Sync Conflicts Between Two Machines

rkbishop

Anyone else using Accordance on multiple machines having trouble each time you open Accordance on one machine, then syncing with Dropbox and finding "conflicts" that must be resolved between that machine and Dropbox? In addition, do you also have trouble with crashing during that syncing process? 

Any help is appreciated.

Hey – While I am able to sync consistently, through DropBox, between my MacBook Air and my iOS devices, if I attempt to sync my Mac mini with DropBox, I consistently get a crash.  I have even replaced my Accordance Files on the mini with what I have on the Air first and then attempted a sync, and I still get a crash.  Mike Garrity offered to chat via Jabber, but I was never able to see him on my Buddy list – probably my fault.  I Message on my computer, but I don't think I've ever used Jabber.  I probably set something up incorrectly.  

Anyway, when you get an answer, I'm hoping it will help me, too.

Anyone else using Accordance on multiple machines having trouble each time you open Accordance on one machine, then syncing with Dropbox and finding "conflicts" that must be resolved between that machine and Dropbox? In addition, do you also have trouble with crashing during that syncing process? 

Any help is appreciated.

Hi rkbishop,

The "conflicts" issue might be related to a bug in 11.0.4 that is hopefully addressed in an upcoming 11.0.5. Are you doing Automatic syncing with Current Session syncing selected?

Mike 

Hi rkbishop,

The "conflicts" issue might be related to a bug in 11.0.4 that is hopefully addressed in an upcoming 11.0.5. Are you doing Automatic syncing with Current Session syncing selected?

Mike 

I am, but I'm also selecting Dropbox Sync sometimes. 

Hi rkbishop,

Mike 

Mike –

So if we're experiencing hangs when it comes to 'conflicts,' we should just wait?  A fix is in the works?

Thanks

Julie,

I think the fix is related to Automatic Syncing causing unnecceary conflicts/problems. We may need to screen share again to see what the problem is with your user note file.

Mike