No instant details for a verse reference in NIV notes

rokas

My mouse pointer is above the verse marked by the red circle (see the attachment), and nothing is shown in the instant details. It happens always if a verse is preceded by that S (to the left of the red circle). The subsequent verses work just fine (to the right of the red circle, in this case Php 1.29, 1Pe 3.9)

post-32922-0-98476700-1428347491_thumb.png

If you mouse over the 'S' marker, you note that they aren't actually referencing the scripture Acts 14:22, but the notes on Acts 14:22.  So, Instant Details here is correct not to show the scripture content, but if you click on the link, it will show you the references the note is referring to.

Joel, thank for this.

I looked at my niv2011 notes and they look more like cross references (very few text veriations) while the original niv notes have more text. Is there any naming convention used within accordance and should these really be cross references (the introductory text would suggest they are (see below). I havent looked at these before and only did because of is thread as i had assumed they would be similar to the niv ones.

The esv comes with both notes and cross ref sections which is a useful indicator when limited to two panes on an Ipad and trying to flick between resources quickly.

Net and nrsv 'notes' are also both more textural.

CROSS-REFERENCE SYSTEM

The cross-reference system can be used to explore concepts, as well as specific words. For example, one can either study “angels as protectors” (See Mt 18:10) or focus on the word “angel” (see Jn 20:12). The NIV cross-reference system resembles a series of interlocking chains with many links. The head, or organizing, link in each concept chain is indicated by the letter “S” (short for “See”).The appearance of a head link in a list of references usually signals another list of references that will cover a slightly different aspect of the concept or word being studied. The various chains in the cross-reference system—which is virtually inexhaustible—continually intersect and diverge

Thanks

Edited by ukfraser