shortcut combination for 'new research'

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

Supposing that Research is a frequently used tool by many, maybe it would be good to give it a shortcut key combination. Well, unless the use of tags can be facilitated in the text box at the right end of the toolbar, more complex searches cannot be done there so easily (besides, we can only see a small amount of input text from there, as compared to the space available in the research zone).

Thanks,

--anthony

Hello,

Supposing that Research is a frequently used tool by many, maybe it would be good to give it a shortcut key combination. Well, unless the use of tags can be facilitated in the text box at the right end of the toolbar, more complex searches cannot be done there so easily (besides, we can only see a small amount of input text from there, as compared to the space available in the research zone).

Thanks,

--anthony

Dear Anthony,

Accordance shortcuts are (mostly) easy to create your own. For instance, I just created my own workspace and gave it a shortcut in System Preferences. I'll attach some screenshots. Hope this helps!

Dustin

post-32015-0-60487200-1428775907_thumb.png

post-32015-0-78220000-1428775916_thumb.png

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for this tip; I forgot to mention that I'm using the Windows version. I don't know of a system-based method in Windows to assign a shortcut key to a menu item, so I'll try and look for a third-party alternative just in case (that's why I'm also asking its implementation in Accordance itself).

Cheers,

--anthony