Importing HTML as user tool

Tom Castle

Hello again.

I'm exploring the import html feature of Accordance. Here is my problem... I was using Pages to create a document and then exported the document as an HTML file. When I imported this file into Accordance, all of the text tagging was stripped (ie. No bold, italic, line breaks, etc). The reason I discovered is that pages saves the html using style sheets which Accordance isn't picking up obviously.

So to my question. What program would you guys suggest to do this with? There are some items that I have kept over that are in the pages format that I would like to export to Accordance.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Actually I found TextEdit does this fine. I just can't seem to get it to keep the text font. It keeps the weight (bold, etc) but not the font size. Any ideas about this?

I would suggest going through and using header tags to keep the font sizes you want. To see what header tags have what formatting and font size, check out this post by David on the blog. I've found it extremely helpful for importing user tools, and I eagerly await further details on this topic on the blog! :)

TextEdit works well. In Preferences, open and save tab, make sure you select Styling: No CSS.

Archived