Idea for a New Search Feature: Relevance Marker

trevakin

Hey Accordance community,

I had an idea for a search feature that I think could be helpful:

Have you ever done a search that returned many false positives (i.e. lots of stuff you don't think is relevant)?

Did you spend lots of time with the "Not" feature weeding out individual results?

What if there was a feature in Accordance search where you could mark a match as irrelevant- 

and Accordance would then hide the result, and run an analysis to figure out what feature of this result you considered irrelevant? As you marked a few results as irrelevant, Accordance would provide a suggestion on how to systematically refine your search through additional or different terms.

For example, what if you were searching for all instances of a prepositional phrase, the object of which is a pronoun referring to Christ (to be sure, not that difficult of a search) and as you marked some irrelevant, it found that in all these cases, a certain case was being used, or perhaps the word Christ was greater than a certain distance away. It would be cool if Accordance could analyze the irrelevant terms for common traits would possibly help you refine your search.

What do you think?

An interesting idea but one that would need considerable programming investment for even doubtful benefits.

Hey Accordance community,

I had an idea for a search feature that I think could be helpful:

Have you ever done a search that returned many false positives (i.e. lots of stuff you don't think is relevant)?

Did you spend lots of time with the "Not" feature weeding out individual results?

What if there was a feature in Accordance search where you could mark a match as irrelevant- 

and Accordance would then hide the result, and run an analysis to figure out what feature of this result you considered irrelevant? As you marked a few results as irrelevant, Accordance would provide a suggestion on how to systematically refine your search through additional or different terms.

For example, what if you were searching for all instances of a prepositional phrase, the object of which is a pronoun referring to Christ (to be sure, not that difficult of a search) and as you marked some irrelevant, it found that in all these cases, a certain case was being used, or perhaps the word Christ was greater than a certain distance away. It would be cool if Accordance could analyze the irrelevant terms for common traits would possibly help you refine your search.

What do you think?

I am wondering if what would result is your search results being blocked by big brother who thinks it has figured out what you should receive in results.  I am reminded of the paternalistic fill-in systems in browsers that think they know what you want better than you do.  so you enter a search only to find to your dismay that you went somewhere else because Big Broogle knew better than you.

• Like 1